Instead of a heating pad to gel...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pug Mom

Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of those portable heaters aimed at the soap? I have a heating pad, but I have to go turn it back on every 15 minutes or so as the new ones sut off automatically and it is a pain. I have the little heater, and I know not to leave the room with it on, but do you think it would help gel the soap? :?:

Hi. All I ever do is cover with plastic wrap and wrap 1 or two towels around my mold. It's MORE than enough heat for me.

Pug Mom said:
Has anyone tried one of those portable heaters aimed at the soap? I have a heating pad, but I have to go turn it back on every 15 minutes or so as the new ones sut off automatically and it is a pain. I have the little heater, and I know not to leave the room with it on, but do you think it would help gel the soap? :?:

what about oven on warm? my hubby thinks it will make oven smell like soap, it doesnt, i covered it.

Can you get a heating pad that doesn't shut off?

I just got a second one at CVS, it was less than $15 and doesn't shut off. I don't have the box so I can't tell you the brand, but the next time I'm in the drug store I will check. I don't leave it plugged in at night or when I'm gone, just in case, but I've left it on for a few hours at a time.

Back