HP lovers, please reply here

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sugar probably helped it heat up fast. Did you check your oven's actual temperature with a themometer?

Just a thought regarding oven temperatures.

I sure didn't, but you can bet I will next time!!

IM SO THRILLED!! I'm doing a happy dance that I'm not even caring about the oven mess (atm!).

The bottom instant coffee layer didn't behave as I hoped, but I don't dislike it. I may just not have mixed it well enough as I was in panic mode with a smoking oven, a volcano pot and part of the batch not even getting to the oven! I will try the coffe again! The cocoa layer is great, as well as the chlorella. The CP turmeric juice layer gelled and is FINE!

I now know, in the future, that I can do the whole batch with the turmeric juice. I was afraid because I didn't know how it would behave. Straight turmeric juice is pretty thick, so I did do half water. I could play with concentrations for different colors, I suspect. BUT IM THRILLED!! I used all organic, oils, colorants and eucalyptus EO. This batch is just for me :mrgreen:

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

Well done it looks fabulous! you should feel very proud. i agree ovens do not do what it says on the tin! you have to go with what your own oven does as opposed to says, it is sensible to measure oven temps all the time, i dont but I know my oven well and work with it, if I get a new one I shall also get a thermometer for it.

Well done it looks fabulous! you should feel very proud. i agree ovens do not do what it says on the tin! you have to go with what your own oven does as opposed to says, it is sensible to measure oven temps all the time, i dont but I know my oven well and work with it, if I get a new one I shall also get a thermometer for it.

Thank you, I'm thrilled! I didn't do anything with a design because it was an experiment in colors, but I like them that way!

Time for an infrared therm!!

I agree, those are fabulous! Which one is the marbled layer? And the last photo (same as marbled layer). I love the look of that one. The chlorella gives a lovely green. I have not used it myself, but it sure is nice.

I agree, those are fabulous! Which one is the marbled layer? And the last photo (same as marbled layer). I love the look of that one. The chlorella gives a lovely green. I have not used it myself, but it sure is nice.

That's the bottom, instant coffee layer! I don't at all dislike it! I wonder if that's just the way it behaves, or if I should have mixed more. It's really growing on me!

I love it the way it is. So how did you add the Instant? Did you add it as a powder or did you first dilute it in a liquid? Now I am considering going out and buying a tiny jar of instant to try it out is soap for my husband.

I love it the way it is. So how did you add the Instant? Did you add it as a powder or did you first dilute it in a liquid? Now I am considering going out and buying a tiny jar of instant to try it out is soap for my husband.

I used Cafe Bustello, I first mixed as much as I could dissolve in a small amount of water. I decided I might need a bit more so I added, and mixed a bit of my oil in. LOL, I'm wondering if THATS why it marbled. Time do more experimenting!! I now wish that layer was between the cocoa and chlorella.

I've dabbled in cp now, I've done 6 5 lb batches with each. I really thought that hp should still have my heart, I'm so so sure any more! I think that they each have their place. I think for the rustic bars, that I SO prefer the look of, for myself, hp is the way to go. On the other hand, cp has been fun, and I enjoy some extra design time!

Back