Lavander goat milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sab_77

Reaction score
I removed my first goat milk soap from its mold yesterday. I cut it, and then.. I was amazed at the pattern! I guess I now understand why people have been saying that CP is easier to make patterns with.

I regret the black spot on the bottom of the image, I don't know what that is, probably a piece of lavandar that fell in.. I wanted it more purple and it's more like pinkish, but overall it's my prettiest soap (I am a beginner for those who haven't seen me around). I see there are air bubbles in it, next time I'll tap it more, but that it not a big worry for me right now.

Also, it's still very soft. Hopefully it will cure and get a bit harder.

Lav.jpg

Wow! Thanks.

Yes, made me want to do more for sure. I got into this in a sort of "rush" for a very strange reason.. a friend of mine is a librarian. He sells books and when I bought my house and wanted to raise rabbits and chickens, he told me to buy a certain book that teaches you about DIY stuff. There is a section on soap in there.

He got into a coma beginning of november. He got out of it, didn't remember me much, but remembered that book. I told him I was about to start the soap section. He said it was great and I should really do it.. Then fell in a coma again! I promise myself I'd try and make some soaps to show him when he'd be better.

He's well now, and we talk about my soaps every day! hihi. And now I have great gifts for Christmas, although my family will need to let them cure before using em'!

I tried some soaps, love it, told myself I'd never buy a soap again in my life :)

Great story about how you got into soaping. I'm glad your friend is better. You've paid him great honor by enacting his advice in such a beautiful way.

Right, no need to buy soap again -- just soap supplies!

Back