You have entered a dimension of ....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBeachy

Reaction score
I just had this happen to me as well in the mod part of the forum, and I am just as totally baffled by it as you.

Hmmm.... One unusual thing I noticed is that earlier this afternoon for about 3 to 5 minutes, the forum went down. Every time that I tried to get onto the forum within those few minutes, a database error page kept popping up on me. Then after those few minutes had passed, I was able to get on again just fine. Very curious. I brought it up in the mod forum. Hopefully one of the Admins can get it sorted out soon.

IrishLass :)

Have someone check the main options on Thread Display Mode. It may need to be reset back to Linear-Oldest First. If the options got corrupted with the database problems it might have reset some options back to default.

Just tested something. It might also be something with the timezone settings. I have a post that's followed by someone posting a hour before me.

Last edited:
Thanks Beachy. I just gave the other Mods and Admin's the link to this thread.

Oh, for crying out loud! It happened again! This post should be post #7, not post #1. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Beachy. I just gave the other Mods and Admin's the link to this thread.

Oh, for crying out loud! It happened again! This post should be post #7, not post #1. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Hahaha, look at your time stamp. does yours say you posted the response 30 minutes before I posted. I gotta hand it to you guys, you sure know how to liven up a forum. :)

It just happened to me in another forum thread as well...also some posts I have liked yesterday have disappeared and I had to 're-like' them..weird.

Hahaha, look at your time stamp. does yours say you posted the response 30 minutes before I posted. I gotta hand it to you guys, you sure know how to liven up a forum. :)

Since you are enjoying this so much I left you an Easter egg in the HP Volcano thread.

Whoops, it was in the "1st big error" thread.

Last edited:
I just had this happen to me as well in the mod part of the forum, and I am just as totally baffled by it as you.

Hmmm.... One unusual thing I noticed is that earlier this afternoon for about 3 to 5 minutes, the forum went down. Every time that I tried to get onto the forum within those few minutes, a database error page kept popping up on me. Then after those few minutes had passed, I was able to get on again just fine. Very curious. I brought it up in the mod forum. Hopefully one of the Admins can get it sorted out soon.

Ummm... Lass?
Not to be alarmist, but I work in data-security.
If today's database outage can't be entirely explained as benign, your database and security folks should be very suspicious. SoapMakingForum is a relatively low-value target, but bots don't discriminate their targets, and can exploit known vulnerabilities with little indicator of compromise.
To be very clear, I'm not faulting your provider's security, but 'momentary unexplained outages' can be the only indicator of deeper ills.
Best luck!
Todd

Just when it was getting fun. Now what are we gonna do. Maybe everyone can write everything backward.

.backward everything write can everyone Maybe .do gonna we are what Now .fun getting was it when Just

Latest posts

Back