Tell us something about you

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My career has been mainly in telecommunications. I'm a windsurfer and a craft addict. Aside from soap making, I enjoy riding my bike, gardening, being close to the water and making anything that I can use in the bath. I Used to be really funny and outgoing but since the passing of my daughter this year I've become quite an introvert. My dream is to be in a place where I'm happy, not having corporate stress over my shoulders. I consider myself spiritual.

So very sorry cannot imagine the pain of losing a child

My career has been mainly in telecommunications. I'm a windsurfer and a craft addict. Aside from soap making, I enjoy riding my bike, gardening, being close to the water and making anything that I can use in the bath. I Used to be really funny and outgoing but since the passing of my daughter this year I've become quite an introvert. My dream is to be in a place where I'm happy, not having corporate stress over my shoulders. I consider myself spiritual.

A million people can tell you a million different things to try and make it better, but the truth is there is no cure. But in time, with the help of those that love you, you can find a way to live with the loss. Let it come in it's own time, and keep moving forward. I've been there, and it's not a fun place. Over 25 years ago now, and he's still in my thoughts, still brings a smile to my face at times and the occasional tear. It gets better.

Keep dreaming and remember happiness is just a frame of mind. You'll find yours.

Wow, what a great diverse group of ppl on this forum! I'm honored to be in such company :)

Myself, I'm a single mom of 4 wonderful kids, who are all grown and out of the nest {yay me}an avid gardener, {including canning everything I grow}major computer geek, and am a certified ceramic tile setter by trade. {Yup, and Im female :lol:}

I have worked in all kinds of fields, from manufacturing industrial filters, to being lead coordinator for a medical device manufacturing company. Also have worked for last 10 years as an administrator for one of the largest online artists communities.

I love horses {haven't been back on one since I had to sell my baby because I had to move and couldn't take him with me}, and am a firebug..I love cleaning and raking the yard and then setting the piles of leaves on fire hehehehe

I'm a Christian, altho I do not follow 'organized' religion. I believe what my KJV bible tells me, and I take it quite literally, as I don't think God has secrets and I don't think He would say something He didn't mean, or make it impossible to understand....and as mentioned above..I own guns and a bible..Im pretty happy about it :lol:

I'm also a 'lefty', and as everyone should know by now, Im a chocoholic from birth :lol:

@Marisa: My heart goes out to you as well, and I pray for your comfort.

Last edited:

Marisa my heart goes out to you. While I have never felt that loss myself my husband has lost three children so I understand from him how much I don't understand about that kind of loss. Sending you big hugs.

I knew there were a lot of nurses here, which is why I joined!

Born and raised in England, lived there for just over 30 years (barring a year I spent in the very middle of Ireland) and now settled in the Austrian Alps near the border with Switzerland and Germany. Married since July 2012 to an utterly amazing woman who lights up every moment of my life. We share our Christian faith and are really blessed, I have to say.

I work in IT (at the moment! :shh: ) and am learning to play the cello. Helped my wife (she's a violin teacher and plays in an orchestra here) on Sunday by playing along with her students in the Christmas concert - will also do that this Sunday.

I've never been very good at creative or crafty things, but for some reason soaping just works on me and that moment when all the gear is cleaned and squared away, when I look at the filled moulds before popping outside to smoke a pipe and drink a whisky, I find that moment so relaxing.

I enjoy shaving with a straight razor, too. I have 3 at home with 1 more on the way.

What a nice idea this thread!! So good to learn something more about all of you!
I dedicate nearly all my free time to soap, making it, reading about it, experimenting with it, talking about it and thinking of it! :)
I love travelling and am really fortunate to have visited a lot of places in Europe. I had also the chance to live in various places, meet a lot of different people and have wonderful memories of each one. Lately, I can't afford to travel but I can live with that, I am just glad I had the chance to travel that much up to now.
I separated recently and still, in my mid thirties, haven't managed to have any kids, something that I really wanted, but I like to believe there is a reason for anything, so I try not to think about it a lot. My recent separation was really hard for me but soapmaking was really what helped me feel a lot better, I can't say get over it yet, but it worked like a psychotherapy for me.
I used to be a math teacher in senior high school and now work in an office which I find better for some reasons. But I would really love to be able to live on making soap...
I am a baptised christian orthodox but don't practise. However, I feel religious and think every religion is an aspect of the same Truth, which I don't know what it is. :p But I can feel the existence of God watching a sunset over the sea, the view of a mountain, the clouds up in the sky, a sea of flowers... I strongly respect people who try not to have bad feelings/thoughts about others, who don't have stereotypes, who try to improve themselves, be informed and make a difference to the world, I mean take some kind of accion, even a little, and don't just try not to heart anyone. I believe indifference can be equally as bad.
Once again, I really enjoy learning more about all of you and a big "thank you" to all the helpful members of the forum!! I hope I can be that helpful as well once I have the experience... :)

Nothing real interesting about me.
I'm in my mid 30's, been divorced since 2010, I have two kids ages 12 and 8 and a mini Dachshund named Autumn. I live in mid Missouri, born and raised at the Lake of the Ozarks. I've worked full time in state government for the last 15 years. My dad is still alive and lives at the lake in the house I grew up in but my mom passed away in 2003.
I enjoy working on many different types of crafts and have dabbled in many. I used to make custom soldered jewelry pendants and made good money at it but stopped after I got divorced b/c I moved and didn't have the room to do it anymore.
I can crochet but I can't knit to save my life. I make primitive decorations around Halloween and Christmas time. I only just got into soap making this past October after going to a bunch of craft fairs and seeing all the soap makers and their creations, it got me inspired to try it myself.

Marisa I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain. I hope in time you will be able to move forward and that the pain becomes less though never fogotten. Big Hugs to you!!!

I love this thread! Thank you all for sharing!

I am a married (to the love of my life) mom of 4, 2 teen girls and 2 boys 5&7 and I live in a suburb of Los Angeles Ca. I have 2 home businesses, specialty cakes and soap. I love home repair and renovation and can work a saw or drill as well as any man.... and I can paint a room with no smudges or drips in 2 hours flat! Most days I wear holey jeans with paint spots and bare feet... But I love to dress up and be a girl. I love to give my talents to my friends and church.

I am a Christian had a similar experience with God as Irish Lass. I'm a regular church attendee and am proud of my faith. I'm also very accepting of other faiths and I support gay marriage. Christians who give Christians a bad reputation is my biggest pet peeve. I believe we should love and accept, not judge.

Also, I secretly want to be a Burlesque dancer.

Last edited:
I am a happily divorced (now empty-nester) mother of a 21 yr old son, and a 19 yr old daughter. I am Christian(Southern Baptist flavor). I try to be more Christ-like every day. I may never get there, but I am going to keep on trying. I think the most important "commandment" is the one Jesus gave: Love your neighbor as yourself. If I don't want to be treated a certain way, I don't treat others that way. I don't care whether you are atheist or another Christian, you are still human, and still deserving of respect, dignity, and equal treatment.

Well, a quick reply from myside.... one unique thing I have is.... I have an identical Twin Sister :)
We were ALWAYS together but after marriage we are cross country and too far away physically but we are still heart to heart.:)

Thank you everyone. My daughter is in a better place even though it's rough for my hubby and I. While we would like to blame the doctors, she had very little chance of survival... We did everything in our power to save her. We learned from her and hopefully we won't have the same complications if we try to have a child again.

I've read the entire thread and I love the diversity in this forum. It's nice that this one hobby brings so many different people together to share the love of soap making.

Back