Weird Things You Say

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I've started making soap in earnest, my family is increasingly subjected to hearing odd things...

"What color does this smell like?" Always said in conjunction with me shoving a fragrance under their noses. Their stock response, "Did everything just taste purple for a second".

"You want your pancake batter to be a medium trace"

My family is starting to suspect I've gone mad. Am I alone? What colorful language has crept into your life since taking up soaping(puns are always intended)?

snappyllama;462050[COLOR=black said:
]"You want your pancake batter to be a medium trace"[/COLOR]

LMBO I almost lost my beverage through my nose with this one. ROTF

I think my saying 'I'm killing two stones with one bird' is weirder than me asking everyone to try or critique my soap.

Last edited:
I too have said "what color does this smell like?"..many times..and Im ALWAYS shoving bottles of FO under the noses of willing {and unwilling} humans standing anywhere near me.

Idk about anything in particular that I 'say', but my family has often come into the room Im soaping in and either catching me cursing my soap, or more often than not, baby talking it, telling it how pretty it is...{I especially am bad at baby talking to my new garden veggies}

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Really, I don't. :shifty:

JustBeachy, you are on a roll this morning!

I was recently weirded out when a commercial account turned that question around on me. Her business is The Purple Turtle. She wants a soap that is exclusively "hers" and I watched as she stuck a bar of my "ocean rain" soap under her friend's nose and said, "Does that smell like a Purple Turtle to you?" LOL!

My poor husband - After 16 years he was just learning my medical vernacular, and now he is learning soapy language. I find I lean more towards EO's and his favorite color is blue, so I keep blending and ask him if it's "blue enough for him yet"

Back