essential depot soap mold, smaller suggestion?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapman Ryan

Reaction score
I have the red essential depot soap mold. I like the size bars it makes, but I'm the only one using the soap. I usually make 2-3 loafs at a time to get different scents. By the time I get through all the bars the essential oils have faded. Does anyone know of a soap mold that is half this size, so I can make about 4-5 bars (2.5 x 3.5 x 1) at a time. I like to have a few scents to choose from, instead of having to use the same scent all the time until the full loaf is used up.

I find that the Essential Depot mold is quite versatile. Another option that you have with it is to make only a 1 lb. batch of soap in it, which will give you 5 bars of soap laying horizontally (like slab mold-type bars) that are 3.25 X 2.25 X 1.

IrishLass :)

Tea Boxes

I've been using my empty Twinings tea boxes. They are about 2x3x5. I line them with Press n' Seal. It's not a silicone mold, but it works! Hold about 400 grams.

I use a piece of cardboard from a cake box in the center of my 2 lb mold. I usually pour 2different scents from the same soap batch for my own use. For Christmas time I fill it up with the extra going to gifts.

Back