Thanksgiving Greetings

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This evening I'll be joining my family at Orange Beach, AL for the holiday weekend. (Shhh, we're not supposed to tell "snowbirds" that we have beautiful, white beaches.) Anyway, it's a beautiful Condo overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The weather is cool this time of year but not cold and the skies will be cornflower blue. Here's my dilemma. There's only so much beach combing and outlet shopping I can stomach, and SEC football only takes up so much time. I'm tempted to take my soaping stuff along, but I'm afraid my wife will KILL me. Tough call....

This evening I'll be joining my family at Orange Beach, AL for the holiday weekend. (Shhh, we're not supposed to tell "snowbirds" that we have beautiful, white beaches.) Anyway, it's a beautiful Condo overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The weather is cool this time of year but not cold and the skies will be cornflower blue. Here's my dilemma. There's only so much beach combing and outlet shopping I can stomach, and SEC football only takes up so much time. I'm tempted to take my soaping stuff along, but I'm afraid my wife will KILL me. Tough call....

Well I'm admittedly biased, but I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as too much beach combing. If there is nothing left to find, well, you're still on the beach!!!

That said, I usually refrain from telling others how to live their life, but in respect to your taking along your soap stuff, dude, you might be walking on the precipice of wife aggro. hahaha.

Maybe a good book on soaping?

Well I'm admittedly biased, but I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as too much beach combing. If there is nothing left to find, well, you're still on the beach!!!

That said, I usually refrain from telling others how to live their life, but in respect to your taking along your soap stuff, dude, you might be walking on the precipice of wife aggro. hahaha.

Maybe a good book on soaping?

Good point. At the very least, the eye rolls would be palpable.

Last edited:
I won't pretend to speak for all woman, but... Heck with it, I'll pretend to speak for all women... make your wife a massage candle and offer a foot rub after she returns from outlet shopping. You can get out of most any trouble you've been up to while she was away.

I won't pretend to speak for all woman, but... Heck with it, I'll pretend to speak for all women... make your wife a massage candle and offer a foot rub after she returns from outlet shopping. You can get out of most any trouble you've been up to while she was away.

"Tricksy." We likes it, Precious."

I'm with snappy....I've been with my husband 17 years and I loves me a good foot rub. I'm in the process of pre-preparations for tomorrows dinner. Sweet potatoes ready to go in the oven, potatoes peeled and in salt water till tomorrow, ingredients for stuffing prepped, caramel apple pie made and getting ready to make the pumpkin pies. I love having almost everything ready to prepare the day before that way I can enjoy the day too. Will iron the table cloths and set the table tonight. Step-daughters bringing the wine and vodka (don't have a clue on how to cook at 29 and 31). Will miss my parents, daughter and grandchildren this Thanksgiving. Parents with sister in Colorado and daughter in Missouri. I wouldn't recommend making soap sir.....don't want to make the missus unhappy with you on thanksgiving. Day to give thanks not tick her off....LOL Hope you all have a great day with family food and fun.

Daryl, you can turn your beach-combing into a soapy event by scavenging around for some good seashells with which to make a silicone embed mold. I grew up by the beach and had built up quite a collection of seashells, as you can probably imagine, and I used somewhere between 30 and 40 of them to make a silicone embed mold last year. It turned out great, and believe it or not, none of the shells was hurt during the process.

As far as foot-rubs go, yep- as a lass, I can say that they definitely go a long way in a relationship. :)

IrishLass :)

Daryl, you can turn your beach-combing into a soapy event by scavenging around for some good seashells with which to make a silicone embed mold. I grew up by the beach and had built up quite a collection of seashells, as you can probably imagine, and I used somewhere between 30 and 40 of them to make a silicone embed mold last year. It turned out great, and believe it or not, none of the shells was hurt during the process.

As far as foot-rubs go, yep- as a lass, I can say that they definitely go a long way in a relationship. :)

Brilliant idea!

My "no-fuss" thanksgiving view

image.jpg

That really brings back memories. I visited relatives in Sumrall and Slidell a few times every year (including Thanksgiving) growing up - occasionally taking side trips to the beach... Sitting the back of a pick-up, smelling the salt air, waiting for the first sight of the water... are coupled with catfish cook-offs (caught from my uncle's pond), climbing his gigantic fig tree to eat one-handed while the wind rocked us, bottle-feeding his calves, and generally running around like a wild thing.

Lassie, Thanks for the suggestion. A bounty this morning.

image.jpg

Back