Hello and a question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ni518079

Reaction score
Hi my name is Nick, from New York and the soap bug has bitten me. Made a bunch of M&P, CP, and HP and now messing around with bubble bars and bath bombs. I was planning on just lurking in the shadows a bit but that never happens. I am a moderator on another unrelated forum (for darts) and that started the same way.

I also have a question I may post somewhere else on here if this doesn't get any hits but does anyone know what I can make with LIQUID SLS and/or SLES? I got them by accident looking for powdered ingredients for bubble bars.

Hi and welcome.

Never done it before but I'm sure you can add thickeners and make a nice shower gel out of it. I would assume you would need to dilute it, add conditioners and fragrance. I mean, that's what most showegels/hand soaps are now a days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome Nick! I don't have any suggestions as far as what to do with the liquid SLS and SLES other than what Galaxy suggested, but hopefully more people will chime in.

IrishLass :)

Had to look up Vinnie the Panda, LOL, that's a good laugh. Not quite my voice but that will do. Should I read yours in my Schwarzenegger voice? :p

Ah, well now I will be reading them in the voice of Rodney from Fools and Horses.

Last edited:
Hi Nick and welcome!
icon_wave.gif
I don't have any suggestions on your ingredients either but I'm laughing at all the accents running around in my head right now. Luckily they aren't spilling out of my mouth because I'm REALLY bad at verbalizing them, lol.

Hi Nick and welcome :)
Just thinking about your liquid SLS, you could use this to make a shower gel or shampoo. I would team it with some cocomidopropyl betaine to make it milder and dilute with water - remember you would need a preservative in a water based product though. Have a look at swiftcrafttmonkey blog as she has loads of recipes for bath and body - in fact if you search SLS on the blog you should be able to find some recipes directly. Hope that is helpful :)

I love Scottish accents, Swirl! That will make your posts even better for me.

I imagine EG's accent to be plummy as well. Now you are going to have to tell us we are all wrong and you are a Brummie, EG.

Last edited:
HI, after some experience if you want to make our own M&p your liquid surfactants work well. I very seldom make m&p without surfactants. Soapswirl the addition of cocomidopropyl betaine will make it milder

Back