Need a HUGE favor from any experienced soaper .....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earlene, since this is 100% olive oil batch, how are you manage to cut it before deadline? Though I know pomace trace faster, and you can do a 40% lye concentration, & CPOP to make it saponified quicker. But will it be dent by finger or wire cutter easily, or smudge the swirls?
Thanks in advance. ;)

In my experience, a dual lye high lye concentration Castile made with 50% pomace and 50% regular OO can be cut early without any problems. Refer to this post regarding my first dual lye Castile soap.

Steve next time you do, can you post pictures? I understand the basics, and thank you everyone, but I still messed up, my soap never harden .....

The batter did finally go into "regular" trace. It looked and behaved just like soap made with a stick blender. It just took a lot more work for it to get to trace.
I would NOT recommend doing the high lye (-40) castile with a whisk. It just takes to long to break the material into trace from emulsion. I beat it, rested and watched, beat it...... until I almost gave up. I was a long workout.

Regular castile could be done this way and trace would be much encouraged by using pomace.

Latest posts

Back