• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dragon's Blood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget me : )

I'm still happy to take a pound off your hands whenever you are ready for payment : ). I'll pm you my address and you can simply get back to me with payment instructions when convenient. I just don't want to overlook an announcement once you have it. Three weeks is long enough for me to forget to pay attention to the thread.

The DB was ordered last Friday, this company can be slow so will let everyone know when it comes in. I am hoping it is not forever since I need to make DB for the holidays. From what my friend told me, they can take up to 3 weeks but his is trying sooner.
@MySoapyHeart I have not forgotten you, I was tied up with taking mom to doctors and markets last week. Will try to get your soap out this week

Carolyn, if I can buy a half pound from you that would be great. Let me know your paypal info when ready. Thank you.

The DB was ordered last Friday, this company can be slow so will let everyone know when it comes in. I am hoping it is not forever since I need to make DB for the holidays. From what my friend told me, they can take up to 3 weeks but his is trying sooner.
@MySoapyHeart I have not forgotten you, I was tied up with taking mom to doctors and markets last week. Will try to get your soap out this week

No worries, Carolyn! Just get it out when you have some time. It was just so sweet of you to offer this, so please take whatever time you need <3

Can you pm me your mailing information. I will start finding out what forms I need to send to you. I know when I send to a friend in South Africa I have to fill out the customs forms but just do it online.

Do you use USPS online Click 'n Ship, Carolyn? If so, CnS will walk you through the customs forms automatically -- you don't have to do the forms separately as in the past.

For two bars of soap, I'd ship USPS international first class. Cost will be around $10-$15. While you can't do domestic First class in Cns, we can now use CnS for international first class -- very handy!

Just need MSH's name, address, phone, and email. All the rest is stuff you'll know on your end.

Oh ... forgot! Please put me on your list for 1 pound, please, if it's available. Other info coming to you via PM. I've always been curious about your DB, since you're so particular about your scents.

Last edited:
Do you use USPS online Click 'n Ship, Carolyn? If so, CnS will walk you through the customs forms automatically -- you don't have to do the forms separately as in the past.

For two bars of soap, I'd ship USPS international first class. Cost will be around $10-$15. While you can't do domestic First class in Cns, we can now use CnS for international first class -- very handy!

Just need MSH's name, address, phone, and email. All the rest is stuff you'll know on your end.

Oh ... forgot! Please put me on your list for 1 pound, please, if it's available. Other info coming to you via PM. I've always been curious about your DB, since you're so particular about your scents.
When I ship to South Africa to a friend it is or was last time I shipped $13.95 and yep online is how I am going to do it, just makes it so easy when the forms are there. I noticed I could use CnS for International, that does make it easy. Thanks DeeAnna

DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

This is a bit premature but I should be ordering 25 lbs of Dragon's Blood in the next week or so, but not sure how long production will take. I am just putting out feelers to find out if anyone be interested in some. I really did not need the full 25#'s but was the least I could get made. This is the DB I have used for a couple of years and love. It is very complex, soaps well but does turn dark brown, although not the almost black some will turn. It is not a cheap DB, but runs around $25 per lb, I have not received my final quote. This is my best seller and really helps build a men's clientele. Some that smell it smell cola, some smell chocolate and some smell vanilla, I smell them all... I soap it at 1 oz -1.1 oz per lb and it is quite strong. Some would probably go less than my percentages.

We tried to get it made in another fragrance house but it just did not have the depth of this one and accelerated pretty bad. I was sorry it just did not work and smell as well because it was quite a bit less expensive. Many times with FO you get what you pay for. NG's DB was a disaster for me and the closest to mine is from Pure Fragrance but that one goes an extremely dark chocolate.

Forgot to mention the cost will be what I pay for it

Hi Carolyn,

I've responded to your message regarding this but don't think they are transmitting. I am interested in 1 lb. my email is : [email protected]

Thank you!!!

Shari

Carolyn - tried to PM you about the DB but your inbox is full! This stuff is the bomb diggity but I somehow ended up with 2lbs instead of 1. Not complaining but just want to make sure the extra lb ends up in the right hands.

Carolyn - tried to PM you about the DB but your inbox is full! This stuff is the bomb diggity but I somehow ended up with 2lbs instead of 1. Not complaining but just want to make sure the extra lb ends up in the right hands.

Are you finally shipping?! I pm'ed my address to you forever ago but can resend it if necessary. I am excited to try and hope doeiettefarm didn't get mine : )

One is for Dixie Dragon, if I goofed and she does not live near you let me know. I remember an email from you mentioned sending them together. But then my memory does not always treat me well... :). Told my daughter to make a note on the box, so I guess she did not mind me

One is for Dixie Dragon, if I goofed and she does not live near you let me know. I remember an email from you mentioned sending them together. But then my memory does not always treat me well... :). Told my daughter to make a note on the box, so I guess she did not mind me

Good deal, just wanted to confirm because I think it was Shari's email on the extra box. I should see dixiedragon in the next few days so I'll make sure she gets it. I'm definitely making a batch with it this weekend . . . might have to do a black base with red neon flames!

Good deal, just wanted to confirm because I think it was Shari's email on the extra box. I should see dixiedragon in the next few days so I'll make sure she gets it. I'm definitely making a batch with it this weekend . . . might have to do a black base with red neon flames!
That would be pretty. What do you use for red neon?. Thankyou for getting it to her. LOL, tell to disregard the email address!!

Carolyn, can you still send me 8 ounces? Do you have enough? I'll check my inbox, but I'm pretty sure I didn't see anything from you, although I did delete a few a couple of weeks ago and sure hope one of those wasn't from you.

I can pay via PayPal including shipping.

Earlene/

Ooooooo, I put in a request for a pound but I never got a PM or anything. I'm still in if you have enough and I will paypal you the money ASAP if you would please let me know the total. Thanks!

That would be pretty. What do you use for red neon?. Thankyou for getting it to her. LOL, tell to disregard the email address!!

I recently ordered the Carnival Collection of neons from Nurture and have been looking for opportunities to use them. I'll post pics in the photo gallery so you can see how it turns out.

I received Carolyn's DB this past Thursday -- amazing stuff! The scent OOB takes me back to my college days when I sometimes visited a local "hippy dippy" shop that sold incense, beads, gauze bedspreads from India, and "smoking accessories." Patchouli is another scent that reminds me of that shop. While I'm okay with a light whiff of patchouli, I really like this DB scent. It is more complex and resinous than patch, and it doesn't have that odd nose-twisting element to the odor that patch has. I'm looking forward to trying it in a batch of soap.

Thanks, Carolyn!

I made a batch of soap yesterday with Carolyn's DB. The house smells really nice! Very happy with this FO.

I do have a question for Carolyn -- I'm using the DB as part of my color scheme for the November soap challenge and I'm counting on the FO to discolor to the chocolate brown you described. Um, about how long does it take before it starts to discolor?

It's been about 24 hours, and the DB portion of the soap is still pretty much the same color as it was when I made the soap. Another discoloring FO I use discolors pretty fast after I make the soap, so I didn't think to ask before I made this grand plan to use the DB for the challenge. Maybe not the smartest move on my part! :)

I had a sample of Carolyn's DB, and I thought it was more a light brown sugar color...?

But don't give up hope, I've got BB's Cedar and Saffron at 10 days and it's turning brown very very slowly at 3% vanillin.

Hey, Lenarenee -- Carolyn said in Post 1 that it "...does turn dark brown..." so that's what I'm going on as far as the color. But maybe that varies from batch to batch.

I have to say this FO is a well-bred gentleman to soap with. It did not accelerate even a tiny bit. And unlike many FOs, it smells as good OOB (although very very potent!!!) as it does in freshly made soap. I think I'm in love. :)

Carolyn said she uses this FO at 6%. I scented only part of the batter because of how I was coloring the soap, but the scent dosage based on all the fat in the batch is 5% ppo. So far the scent is coming through loud and clear.

Latest posts

Back