How to get iron oxide out of carpet?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1495146521.213225.jpgso the dog chewed up the bag of colorant, and now it's in the carpet. It's dry but the vacuum can't pick it up. Any suggestions. I already tried tape.

What about a shop vac and some water? or a carpet shampooer? Seems I'm not the only one with naughty dogs, yours eat any lard or coconut oil yet?

Rotten monsters they are. One of mine ate a pound of coconut oil then puked it all over the couch, I learned real quick to keep oils picked up. Any luck with the oxide?

I once spilled green neon colour on our cream carpet.
I vacuumed as much as I could (I have Dyson) but stain persisted for a while. It was less visible after we vacuumed few times.
I think we just forgot about it after a while and it probably disappeared completely after we wet cleaned it at some point.

How much did he eat? I hope he's ok. :)

It will be interesting to see how his poop turns out haha.

so the dog chewed up the bag of colorant, and now it's in the carpet. It's dry but the vacuum can't pick it up. Any suggestions. I already tried tape.

.... ummmm ... it's not just in the carpet, is it dear sweet doggies?

Has somebody been rolling?

Hmmmm?

(On suggestions, no ... I only have things that turn irons black, which is probably not that helpful - maybe check out lemon salt paste recipes) .

Would magnets help? Really strong magnets.

I'd probably rent a powerful vacuum somewhere if stores still rent those. The kind of carpet cleaning machine that sucks up water after you wet clean the carpet seem pretty powerful.

Wondering if and how your iron oxide spill was resolved.

I once spilled green neon colour on our cream carpet.
I vacuumed as much as I could (I have Dyson) but stain persisted for a while. It was less visible after we vacuumed few times.
I think we just forgot about it after a while and it probably disappeared completely after we wet cleaned it at some point.

How much did he eat? I hope he's ok. :)

It will be interesting to see how his poop turns out haha.

And I thought Dyson commercial shows how powerful it can be. Maybe not powerful enough for neon colors?! :p

And I thought Dyson commercial shows how powerful it can be. Maybe not powerful enough for neon colors?! :p

Haha how else would they be selling them for the price they are? :rolleyes:

Don't even start me on the cat hair, it all has to be manually brushed of the carpet and rugs. Even that fancy attachment is useless.
Dyson is excellent on picking up dust but that's about it.

Haha how else would they be selling them for the price they are? :rolleyes:

Don't even start me on the cat hair, it all has to be manually brushed of the carpet and rugs. Even that fancy attachment is useless.
Dyson is excellent on picking up dust but that's about it.

I love my pet hair broom. With my long hair that seems to fall out by the handsful constantly, I have to brush it up off the carpet before I can vacuum. If I don't, it wraps around the beater bar brush and unless I cut it off with a knife, it causes the rubber belt to burn up and then I can't use the vacuum at all until I get the belt replaced.

Latest posts

Back