Yardley Scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
My son broke my heart today when he came over and said "Mom, I bought soap" Ughhhh! I just stared at him, eyes blinking :shock: and then pointed to my soap room. He said "Yeah, but you were in Florida and I didn't know what I could have". Sigh. So he said he really liked the scent of this soap, it's Yardley oatmeal and almond. Does anyone know an FO that would be a match to that? Thank you! I want to avoid that insult in the future! LOL!

SaveOnScents has an April Violet and a Lavender. But that's it. I haven't come across any others. My partner likes their rose scent because it reminds him of his mom.

When I go grocery shopping this weekend, I'll make a point to look for it and give it a sniff to see what it smells like. It's possible that it may be something for which we can come up with a blend using just a couple of different FOs.

IrishLass :)

Saranac, thank you! And Irish Lass, I will stay tuned for your report. I would love to make him a soap to live up to Yardley :) I appreciate your help!

SaveOnScents has an April Violet and a Lavender. But that's it. I haven't come across any others. My partner likes their rose scent because it reminds him of his mom.

I will look this up. SOS can be a hit or miss but their scent selection is insane. I also want to add some scents to my list.

I will look this up. SOS can be a hit or miss but their scent selection is insane. I also want to add some scents to my list.

For what it's worth (and not to derail), I haven't tried those two scents, but I buy most of my FO from SOS. I've had a few things morph, dupes that were WAY off (their Gain type, for example), and a few that I just didn't like (their OMH smells like a urinal cake). But overall, I'm happy.

For what it's worth (and not to derail), I haven't tried those two scents, but I buy most of my FO from SOS. I've had a few things morph, dupes that were WAY off (their Gain type, for example), and a few that I just didn't like (their OMH smells like a urinal cake). But overall, I'm happy.

I have bought things from them too. Their pipettes were a great buy when I lived closer to their facility, and some of their dupes (Aria Kulti for example) smell amazing. I also tried a few bunches of incense from them and have two potential scents to try thanks to that.

I'm probably missing something here but doesn't most "oatmeal and something" -fragrances smell mainly like bitter almond?

Omneya, Thank you for the link. I did smell the Yardley soap today, it's a pretty straight forward almond smell to me. Does anyone know of a straight almond FO that smells pretty good?

mommycarlson said:
I did smell the Yardley soap today, it's a pretty straight forward almond smell to me. Does anyone know of a straight almond FO that smells pretty good?

I was finally able to smell the soap! My grocery store didn't have any Yardley soaps on the shelf, wouldn't you know it (which is strangely unusual for them), but I had to go to Walgreens for something and I happily saw that they had it there. I gave it a deep sniff and my nose 100% completely agrees with yours that it's a straight forward almond scent. For what its worth, my go-to straight forward almond FO is Intense Almond from MMS.

I was finally able to smell the soap! My grocery store didn't have any Yardley soaps on the shelf, wouldn't you know it (which is strangely unusual for them), but I had to go to Walgreens for something and I happily saw that they had it there. I gave it a deep sniff and my nose 100% completely agrees with yours that it's a straight forward almond scent. For what its worth, my go-to straight forward almond FO is Intense Almond from MMS.

Thank you IrishLass! I plan to make this soon. I'm drawing a blank on MMS

Are you sure there's nothing that lends to a powdery note? I always pick that up instead of what I know almond to be.

Are you sure there's nothing that lends to a powdery note? I always pick that up instead of what I know almond to be.

My nose only picks up straight almond whenever I smell MMS's Intense Almond, but that's just me and my peculiar scent receptors.

Back