Chocolate/Mint Chocolate alternative

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckscent

Reaction score
I'm looking at making mint chocolate soap/cupcakes but as we all know vanilla turns in CP soap. So is there an alternative scent that can be used? Or is under a certain % suitable for non discoloration? My colors will be, but might/can change, white/brown/green. Thanks

Last edited:
I used Chocolate FO from WSP, and added cocoa for proper coloring on part of my batter, then used Peppermint Sticks from WSP and green mica on the other part, both at 5% for a lovely chocolate/mint scent. The Chocolate did not smell "right" OOB, or in CP alone, but improves greatly against the mint scent.

DSCN0363.jpg

I would put the chocolate in the brown portion, and a mint EO or FO in the white and green parts.

I like BB Buttermints. To me, it smells just like mint chocolate chip ice cream. However, it's one of those scents that divide people- half of my friends agree with me on the scent, but the other have thinks it smells musty-dusty. I had no discoloration or acceleration. ETA: my brown was cocoa powder and my green was spirulina. It's still green, but it's toned down to a more olive than mint color. Edited again: it's about a year old and it still smells the same as when I made it.

Latest posts

Back