Bramble Berry Removed My Review?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. This was my first (and only) order from BB so far. I wanted to get some input because they seem really well liked in the soap making community.

I think they are falling out of favor -- at least, with me they are. I have done a number of their tutorials thinking that it would give me experience with soap making while keeping my mistakes to a minimum. Trying out their tutorials is the biggest mistake! I have learned that they don't know the science behind the soaps they produce. In fact, I have wondered why they have such a vast amount of oils at 1%-5% in their recipes. I'm starting to believe it's to sell more product, especially when a Soap Queen representative reveals their lack of knowledge about soap making.

In fact, I have wondered why they have such a vast amount of oils at 1%-5% in their recipes. I'm starting to believe it's to sell more product, especially when a Soap Queen representative reveals their lack of knowledge about soap making.

I agree completely with that statement. I browsed through some of their recipes a while back and that's the first thought I had. Lots of different oils in each "tutorial". Sure it's great to experiment with different oils, but in this case, I think your belief is right on the money.

I too think that a review should be posted positive or negative as long as it's state properly. I was purchasing their 5lb silicone molds and the last 4 I received were so stuck together I had to pull them apart and it actually stretched out the silicone. I have 1 FO I use from them and wish I could find a replacement as their shipping and turn around time is just insane compared to other companies that I'm sure do a similar amoun of business.

Shunt, which FO? Have you tried fragrance oil finder to see if anyone else has it?

It's their Energy FO. My customers love it and it sells so well in everything. I haven't found anything close yet. I keep looking though. Thank you!!

Ahhhh darn those blends. The only other option would be to see if another supplier can dupe it. Might be worth a shot.

eta: the other problem is that even if another supplier did carry something comparable, they may call it something completely different, so you would have a tough time finding it :p

Last edited:
I had two fragrance oil reviews removed by Natures Garden, the reviews only stated that at the time of cutting there was no fragrance left. To be fair they did post them and they were there for quite awhile, I believe they were removed when they revamped their site. I was only upset because any soaper would want to know this before making a purchase. I also noticed that many other reviews were removed at this time as well.
I have done a limited amount of shopping at Bramble Berry, and never any fragrance oils. What stops me many times is their shipping costs. I also noticed that their tutorials have lots of more expensive oils in small amounts.

It's their Energy FO. My customers love it and it sells so well in everything. I haven't found anything close yet. I keep looking though. Thank you!!

Daystar has a FO that is very similar (to my nose, anyhow) to Energy. It's called Paradise - maybe get a sample and give it a try?

BB has a few FOs that I like (and one that my teenaged daughter adores). What drives me crazy about them is when you order extra things to save on shipping costs and then the ONE THING you REALLY wanted is out of stock. They ship the order without telling you in advance about the OOS item and then refund the balance. Grrr.....

Daystar has a FO that is very similar (to my nose, anyhow) to Energy. It's called Paradise - maybe get a sample and give it a try?

BB has a few FOs that I like (and one that my teenaged daughter adores). What drives me crazy about them is when you order extra things to save on shipping costs and then the ONE THING you REALLY wanted is out of stock. They ship the order without telling you in advance about the OOS item and then refund the balance. Grrr.....

Thank you, I will give it a try. Not happy with BB and takes way too long to get things when I do order.

I had that happen with BA..I ordered alot of stuff, including the cool silicone log mold...they sent my order {waited a week before they even shipped it}..but when I got the order, I got a note in the box that the mold was OOS and they would send it along after they got it back in stock..I waited a month...and after many phone calls and them trying to get me to 'trade' the mold for something else, I demanded my money back and will never order from them again...

Imo, if your in business, and you're going to run a website..have the decency to take the OOS items off the pages and dont let customers spend their money on something you dont even have...grrr

I would flat out ask why your review was removed and cite exactly which product you are speaking of. See what they say. I have gotten a response to everything I have ever asked and the times I have left a less than stellar review, I am contacted by a rep from the company to ask specifics and make suggestions. I have never had any other FO company do that.

I am close enough to them that the shipping costs have not been that high( I'm in WIsconsin). I think I paid $14 for an order that was almost entirely FO's that totaled $150. Considering they package in glass, which is very heavy, I don't find this bad at all and I like that I don't have to worry about warping bottles. I have had a couple of somewhat faded labels over time but that could be from low ink on the printer, and I think they print their own labels, given what I see when I ask for a sample of something that is not the sample of the month. I consider the turn-around time when I order and because for me they have good consistency, I'm fine with the wait. WSP has an element of controversy about it too, with their "free" shipping but if you track your orders over time, you can watch the skyrocketing prices. No place is perfect.

I think it would be better to contact them regarding the review and see what they have to say. If they don't respond or you post again and it is taken down again, easier to call foul play than to do so before you have even asked them what happened.

I still really like BB. Some of their FO'syou just can't get elsewhere, and I love them!
I would definitely just ask them about it. I've never had anything but good experiences from them. There isn't much point in being annoyed/criticizing until you know the story.
I posted a review on their page one day... it was a good review on the product, and it got "removed". Turns out it was just a mess up, they didn't really take it down.
So... I would ask.

I would flat out ask why your review was removed and cite exactly which product you are speaking of. See what they say. I have gotten a response to everything I have ever asked and the times I have left a less than stellar review, I am contacted by a rep from the company to ask specifics and make suggestions. I have never had any other FO company do that.

I am close enough to them that the shipping costs have not been that high( I'm in WIsconsin). I think I paid $14 for an order that was almost entirely FO's that totaled $150. Considering they package in glass, which is very heavy, I don't find this bad at all and I like that I don't have to worry about warping bottles. I have had a couple of somewhat faded labels over time but that could be from low ink on the printer, and I think they print their own labels, given what I see when I ask for a sample of something that is not the sample of the month. I consider the turn-around time when I order and because for me they have good consistency, I'm fine with the wait. WSP has an element of controversy about it too, with their "free" shipping but if you track your orders over time, you can watch the skyrocketing prices. No place is perfect.

I think it would be better to contact them regarding the review and see what they have to say. If they don't respond or you post again and it is taken down again, easier to call foul play than to do so before you have even asked them what happened.
I you are a member of the Handcrafters Guild you can also file a complaint. We have filed a couple of complaints against them with the Guild. It is true that no place is perfect but some are getting more greedy and lacking in decent customer service. I have mentioned this many times WSP does Not have free shipping, it is figured into the price so every item you purchase has shipping costs attached

I have mentioned this many times WSP does Not have free shipping, it is figured into the price so every item you purchase has shipping costs attached

Which is exactly why before you order, put the things you want in the shopping cart and calculate shipping costs. Sometimes WSP comes out cheaper, sometimes they don't. Sometimes BB does, sometimes the sage does.

I am very conflicted with regards to BB. They make money on their shipping. They have fantastic products but I just can't justify the shipping, or the delays in shipping. However, when I won the Saponifier contest, they were very accommodating and let me switch out the prize for their 18 bar mold with no question at all - I did pay for the liner, but all told I have their lovely mold for $20. So I feel bad complaining about their shipping, but.....their shipping policies stink all around.

I decided to ask BB if they ever remove reviews. Here is their response:

Terah (Bramble Berry Support)
Nov 05 04:31 PM

Thank you for emailing Bramble Berry.

First of all, thank you so much for your concern! We do not delete negative reviews, you can find them throughout our website. Just take a look at our Push Tube reviews! :)

We will delete a review if the review doesn't actually have to do with the product. For example, if the review is about shipping times, our company in general, customer service etc. We like to handle those issues more personally. If we do delete a review for these reasons we always reach out one on one with that person to solve whatever may be upsetting them!

Again, thank you. If you need anything else please let me know. Have a wonderful day!

I decided to ask BB if they ever remove reviews. Here is their response:

Terah (Bramble Berry Support)
Nov 05 04:31 PM

Thank you for emailing Bramble Berry.

First of all, thank you so much for your concern! We do not delete negative reviews, you can find them throughout our website. Just take a look at our Push Tube reviews! :)

We will delete a review if the review doesn't actually have to do with the product. For example, if the review is about shipping times, our company in general, customer service etc. We like to handle those issues more personally. If we do delete a review for these reasons we always reach out one on one with that person to solve whatever may be upsetting them!

Again, thank you. If you need anything else please let me know. Have a wonderful day!
So did they reach out to you?

http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I asked them if they ever remove reviews and that was the response.

I have left negative reviews, or at least less than great on things I have not been impressed with and those reviews are still there. I leave good reviews too, when I am impressed and those are there as well.

Some companies do make money on shipping and it ticks me off a bit but I realize a certain amount goes for boxes, packaging materials and the hourly wage of the person doing the packing. I ship things out all the time so have a feel for what you can get for your money. I know the things BB has shipped to me are not overpriced- the shipping anyhow. To get a box that is over a foot square and loaded with glass for $14 is not high. THat doesn't mean that someone else is not getting over-charged from them, but my experience with them has been good.

Other places are good too and each has their drawbacks. You just have to know the pros and cons, compare and decide where you want to spend your money.

Also, my understand from the OP is that BB did contact them about the concern, which may have included turn-around time and shipping as part of the review the OP left. If that is indeed the case, that may be why the review was removed, as per BB. If those type of issues are included in a product review, they say they delete them, wanting to keep product reviews relevant to the specific product.

Last edited:
Those are all a cost of doing business and belong in the price of the item. I hear people complaining about WSP and 'free shipping' but as far as I'm concerned they're dong it right. And that same box that is loaded with glass sent to me would be over $30. Sorry, but shipping to me here in the Northeast is way, way too high.

Latest posts

Back