Went to LUSH yesterday- YUCK!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyrose

Reaction score
They opened a new mall near me and there are 2 soap shops there that I went to check out. I first went to Sweet Bubble Bath and it was very nice. CP soaps that smelled and looked great with nice packaging. Then I went into LUSH. I had heard so many good things about them. I was shocked! I thought it was the most ugly, unprofessional soaps I'd ever seen. Also, everything seemed to be unscented or barely there. I smelled a bunch of the lotions and not one had a smell. Then I looked at the ugly soap blobs and picked up a few and again no smell or very faint.

I kept hearing the salespeople saying how they were all natural, but there were many unnatural chemicals on the labels. I would not call them natural at all. As I was leaving, I put a little lotion on my hands and when I walked out and looked at my hands, they looked as if I had just dipped them in a pan of oil. I told my husband to grab a napkin so I could wipe them dry. They smelled like cooking oil too.

I know I am in the minority here, but I think it has to be the worst bath and body store I have ever been in.

I have never been in one, but based on all the hype + what I have seen on their website, yeah I am pretty much right there with you!

I don't think you are in the minority either. I visited a Lush store once (can't remember where I was) and thought it was aweful. There was nothing I wanted to purchase. My daughter didn't like it either.

I just had a wee look at their website and while it looks okay (far too much "header" getting in the way on my laptop) the information is terrible. I do have to say I am very anti-Lush after they supported a very militant anti-hunting group which was well known for threatening people and their families with death!

I like some of their scents but feel overwhelmed by overall aroma and tween insanity (into migraine territory) to go into their shops near me. My daughter bought me Karma which I really liked the fragrance of - though the soap didn't perform very well (not attractive, not much lather, melted to nothing in shower, left skin tight feeling). I've smelled a few other of their products at friend's homes and liked them okay...

Another one who doesn't think you're in the minority here. We have one that opened up in my local mall about a year or 2 ago, and although I've peeked in the window, I've never stepped foot in it. Things looked way more appalling than appealing in there. A few years back, I took some time to read through some the product reviews on their site, and I was amazed at how many of the reviewers reported molding soap and lotion, etc... Blech! No thanks.

IrishLass :)

There's one near me wherever I go (when I was in Singapore, New Zealand and currently UK) and I have to say that the scents of the soaps in the store is so overwhelming that I get a headache. I bought their bar shampoo one and it smelt bad and ... It didn't work.

I am sensitive to smells and can get a headache if something is too strong. I was surprised too that I could not smell any of their products. The other soap shop had great smells.

I don't like the powdery smell around that store. I go to sneezing repeatedly when approchaing. My wife like their almond scented soap, but just for the smell, she would just keep it for years in a drawer to smell it.

Quality is meh. And most of their smell are terrible. It used to be eco chic to go there, now its just another bath and beauty shop.

Latest posts

Back