The L store

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True that..if its got water in it, and no preservative..you get lots of nasties growing..either seen, or worse..unseen.

I am actually a fan of Lush. I have found their preservatives were listed in their ingredients when I looked them up. I enjoy their scents and like a lot of their products. I just like mine better.

Yes but but not all if their products list the preservative. Only some. This new line of "self preserving products" they offer is one I've been reading their propaganda on.

I used to use one of their face lotion (with Almond Milk) but now I make my own, now that I've dabbled in lotions for myself.

And I do still buy their little pot of concealer makeup. I use a dab here and there it lasts me a year, and I haven't a clue or desire to go that far in DIY just yet. Hubby always raises his eyebrows though when I say I need to run in there and grab my pot of makeup. Because I make most things for us myself. (Except mascara and concealer, I purchase those).

But honestly that's one product that I am happy with and don't make myself, I'll brave it and go in there. It's got great coverage and matches my skin. (Haven't tried their mascara.) And it beats most of the drugstore brands I've tried - and some of the higher ends ones. $22 a pot is about as much as I'm willing to spend....

But I agree. Sometimes their information isn't accurate at all and that's not the girls' fault. They do say what they are told to say - and I doubt they are given the full details of production... I mean unless they work right in Van, at the manufacturing place...

ETA: And as someone already provided the link for it..... You can't have a product that calls for water - without a preservative. You can't. You'll have mould. You'll have nasties. And then you'll have b****y customers. Or sick ones. The misinformation, disinformation, misdirection - whatever you want to call it - is what bothers me.... even though I do still buy one product from them, once a year, because they make a good one that I haven't been able to replace (nor do I have the desire to duplicate it.)

And lets admit it - those little black pots are pretty sexy...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back