This is me... connecting our names.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is me ;-)

me.jpg

Gent -- I love the use of a picture frame to frame the picture! When I was a kid, we lived in a very, very conservative Dutch town (Orange City, Iowa). I learned to dance in wooden shoes and wear traditional dress for the town's yearly "Tulip Time" celebration in May. Your Admirable Lady's dress is lovely and would fit right into that festival.

To all -- It's lovely to meet all who have shared here and put a face to a name. Neat!

Oh wow! What a great thread idea! So nice to actually see you all.

I love seeing all the beautiful faces! Thank you everyone for sharing these great moments. :p This is a pic of me and my family at our nephew's wedding. It was a 1920's theme and took place at the Hotel Congress in Tucson which was built in 1919. John Dillinger was captured there in 1934. They've done a great job of restoring it to it's original beauty and much of it's décor and architecture are still in place from it's construction 95 years ago. All guests were encouraged to wear period dress which was a blast. The bride wore her grandmother's wedding gown and the groom wore his military uniform. This pic is my oldest son, hubby, daughter, middle son and me!

Family.jpg

I'm Laurie. Am I really the only lesbian here? Here's a picture from this summer, just after I married my partner of 16 years. My lovely partner Lea is on the right, I'm in the middle, and on the left is our dear friend Ann. I'm a baker/pastry chef, living with 2 devilish cats and one elderly gentleman dog. I like to say, it's not a big life, but it sure is a good life.

Laurie Lea Ann Nashville.jpg

Back