BB's or WSP's silicone loaf mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xraygrl

Reaction score
Hello, I have been away from soap making for quite some time, and just getting back into it. I was looking at these two silicone loaf molds from BB's and WSP.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/regular-loaf-silicone-mold.aspx

and this one from BB

http://www.brambleberry.com/10-Silicone-Loaf-Mold--P5199.aspx

Has anyone tried either one of these molds? How did you like? any feedback? Any info would be appreciated. I see the WSP mold is cheaper, plus shipping is included. BB's mold will be plus shipping and they are further away from me. Putting cost aside, is there one better, or are they both about the same?

I have both, and I love them both.

The BB mold is 10" and the WSP is 8", which is part of the price difference.

I have several of WSP's 8" molds. I am very happy with them and they are holding up well. They take about a 40 ounce batch (40 ounces total I mean, so batter, not a 40 ounces of oils batch), full up, which is perfect for me. The BB 10" mold looks much the same but would be better if you make bigger batches.

I have both of those too. I love them both but have found the longer one bows just slightly. Not enough that it bothers me but good to know.

The smaller one is perfect for 24 oz oil batches, longer fits 32 oz oil batches really well. Just fyi.

Thanks everyone for your replies! Really either size will work for me. As far as the size difference goes, while the BB one is longer, the WSP one is a hair wider/taller. You would think they would hold right around the same amount of oils.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I mostly do HP, if that makes a difference.

just bought the BB

Found on my first batch of HP that the sides bow out slightly. Had to prop it against things to keep a straight sided loaf. Soap unmolded nicely.

Which one was it that the sides bowed out on with HP? WSP or BB? Or both? LOL

I have the one from WSP. I have to say that it's not my favorite. I find that there are advantages and disadvantages to this type of mold. What's nice about it, is that it's rigid enough not to need a wooden mold to hold it up. But for me, that's also the disadvantage. I'm used to silicone liners in a wooden mold, and they're very flexible and easy to get the soap out of. I find that the WSP mold is not always the easiest to get the soap out of, but maybe it's just because I'm used to the others. I really have to push with my thumbs on the bottom, and sometimes dent the soap. That being said.....you can't beat the price!

Pop it in the freezer, the soap will fall right out.

I saw the difference in dimensions listed on each website, mine are identical except length. I wonder if someone changed suppliers. I use 28oz of oils for the 8" and 32oz for the 10", and I end up with enough to fill the mold and a little single serve yogurt or fruit cup container which makes a perfect tester size.

I also HP pretty much exclusively.

Just an FYI (and you may already be aware) but while WSP shipping may be "free", there is a $40 minimum order. That may or may not be a deciding factor for you, but has been for me in the past.

Just an FYI (and you may already be aware) but while WSP shipping may be "free", there is a $40 minimum order. That may or may not be a deciding factor for you, but has been for me in the past.

Yep, there is a minimum $40 order, but I would rather get $40 in merchandise than $20-25 worth plus shipping and still be out the same $40, which is pretty much what it works out to for me when I order from BB. YMMV

...just throwing it out there. ..

That said, ( hate to throw BB under the bus ) I think BB's shipping prices are ridiculous and unless something has very recently changed with their shipping practices, if you want your mold before say, mid spring... you should order it now. Their shipping has gotten painfully slow!
I would without much hesitation, bump my order up and spend the $40 to order from wsp.
BB does have some great molds that you can't find any place else, but they've really disappointed me recently on several occasions.

Last edited:
Thank you so much to everyone who replied to this post! I appreciate all of the input. I am aware of the WSP $40 minimum, and planned to make the minimum. I Can always use more soap supplies, right? ;-)

I was not aware of the recent problems with slow shipping from BB. :shock: I placed an order for some EO's and FO's from them on the 17th, and did receive a ship notification from them yesterday. I surely hope my package doesn't take long to get here. I would like to make some soaps for Christmas gifts. The shipping costs from BB have always been high for me as I live on the east coast.

New12soap, thanks for confirming that these molds work well for HP! I will definitely get one or two.

I think once it has shipped, it is pretty standard (often I get my package the next day!) It just seems like when they are backed up, it takes forEVer to even ship!

Latest posts

Back