Apple Cider Vinegar Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@shaan
that is an awesome idea about acv for liquid shampoo! i see an experiment in the near future here :D

Hey seven, i am Waiting for results.. i dont dare to do this experiment, i just made three liquid soaps,with two failed..i have no idea when to add vinegar.

Thanx hazel, but i think its looking very bad.

My favorite shampoo bar is made with citric acid, but I want to try one with apple cider vinegar. If this thread is still live, I'll post pictures. :)

Thanx hazel, but i think its looking very bad.

Why? I think the layer effect is cool especially with the added flecks and what I think looks like an embed near the top. I like flecks scattered through soap and yet, I've only made 3 batches with this style. I don't know why. I need to put this on my to-do list.

Yes, but I love Spam. I eat it. Lovely Spam! Wonderful Spam!

Q1KDkGX8Xk-2.png

Bloody Vikings.

Image from https://drawception.com/viewgame/Q1KDkGX8Xk/monty-pythons-spam-sketch/

Why does this not surprise me!

Oh this brings back memories of a series that was made here in Australia called Prisoner...............Now the sour female Prison officer was called....................Dare I say it...................Vinegar T*T's wonder if she used this soap to wash.............Relle will remember or know of this programme

Last edited:
Fortunately, someone *cough*Pepsi Girl*cough* reminded me today that I said I would test a piece of the ACV bar. So, I did. Drum roll please......

The bar is much softer than my usual batch but that’s probably because I only used slightly over 30% salt ppo. I was easily able to break a chunk of the leftover piece to test. I can’t say there was much of a difference from any other salt bar. The lather seemed a little denser and foamier (this could just be subjective) and felt little drier feeling. After using it on my hands, I felt a slight tackiness to my skin but this didn't last too long and then the skin felt smooth. I don't know if this dryness and tackiness are because it's only been curing for 3 weeks or if the ACV has something to do with it.

When I used it on my face, I felt some tingling and afterwards noticed some reddish-pink blotching which I suspected was from the salt since I know positively the soap isn't lye heavy. I don't think I've had this reaction before with other salt bars but it's possible and I've just forgotten. However, I have had the flu these past few days which may have contributed to more sensitivity. I also doubt there is any acidity left from the vinegar but I could be wrong. I’ll report again next week. I’ll also get out a regular salt bar and check the lather for comparison.

Ok I also tried my ACV soap today which is only 3 weeks old, just a baby really. It has a lot of bubbles(Hazel will like that), it was not much different than other soap I've made with clay and salt. I could not honestly say it made a difference. I asked my husband what he thought and he didn't use it, because other favorite french green clay, was in the shower also. So I told him to use it tomorrow. And so the saga continues, I switch it back to you Hazel!

Thanks Pepsi Girl!....and in other news....

Just joking. I don't have any other news. I won't be testing more soap until Sunday.

But tell your husband I expect a detailed review of your soap or I will send him a sternly written message about not supporting your soaping endeavors.

Well this is as detailed as it gets:
Husband
" that soap had real nice lather, and I liked the smell, but I really like the green clay soap you make me"
Wife
" yes I know you really like the green soap but what about this soap"
Husband
" well I guess if all you do is wash with it it's ok, but I like to shave in the shower, so I really like the green clay soap"
Wife
" this soap has red clay in it so it might be nice for shaving also, didn't you try it"
Husband
" no, it was red"
Wife walking away now...

What a hoot! The printed word cannot convey how funny I think his reply is and I could actually picture you walking away from him.

Maybe you should make this soap again with green clay. :lol:

Well this is as detailed as it gets:
Husband
" that soap had real nice lather, and I liked the smell, but I really like the green clay soap you make me"
Wife
" yes I know you really like the green soap but what about this soap"
Husband
" well I guess if all you do is wash with it it's ok, but I like to shave in the shower, so I really like the green clay soap"
Wife
" this soap has red clay in it so it might be nice for shaving also, didn't you try it"
Husband
" no, it was red"
Wife walking away now...

Sounds like the type of responses I get from my hubby when I ask for opinions on new recipes. :roll: :D

What a hoot! The printed word cannot convey how funny I think his reply is and I could actually picture you walking away from him.

Maybe you should make this soap again with green clay. :lol:

I'm certain he would love it!:crazy:

" Can you say set in his ways"
I'm glad you can find pleasure in life!
If I bring joy to Hazel, well my work here is done!

Yep, we know. People are like that. My son decided a soap was not as good as another one based on a slight color change. It was the exact same recipe, just orange rather than yellow. He still does not believe me. I have shown him the recipes and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back