~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Bath and Body Forum > Frosting bubble bar?

Old 09-07-2017, 01:12 AM   #1
Twinmama

Likes Given: 5

Default Frosting bubble bar?

Hey guys!! I have never made a bubble bar but from what I see the "dough" is thick. I really want to do a bath bomb cupcake with a bubble bar frosting. Has anyone tried this and found a thinner bath bar that can we piped and still hardens?

Old 09-07-2017, 01:54 AM   #2
Kittish
Enthusiastic Newbie
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1082 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 651

Build it in reverse maybe? Find or make a mold for the 'frosting top', then build the rest of the bath bomb on that? Flip it over once it hardens, and boom! Cupcake bath bomb with bubble bar frosting on top. Not sure how much trouble you'd have getting the two parts to stick together.

Twinmama Likes This 
Old 09-07-2017, 02:10 AM   #3
BattleGnome

Liked 705 Times on 350 Posts
Likes Given: 868

Body Bonbon on YouTube. I havent bought her recipe but it should work as well on a bubble bar as it does on a bomb.
Twinmama Likes This 
Old 09-07-2017, 11:41 PM   #4
Complexions

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Two Wild Hares has a really good cupcake bath bomb recipe. The cupcake base is the bomb, the frosting is a pipe-able bubble bar.
People Like This 
Old 09-08-2017, 03:32 AM   #5
SunRiseArts
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 789 Times on 391 Posts
Likes Given: 898

well I would think it would expand. So if anyone is doing it, there must be a trick to it.

If you never have made bubble bars, maybe you should try making normal ones, before you venture to something more complex.

No matter how many videos you watch, real experience comes with practicing. Same recipe different day, can be two completely different experiences.
Twinmama Likes This 
Old 09-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #6
PuddinAndPeanuts

Liked 191 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complexions View Post
Two Wild Hares has a really good cupcake bath bomb recipe. The cupcake base is the bomb, the frosting is a pipe-able bubble bar.

I'll second this. I bought her recipe and found her really helpful in helping me tweak it to meet my needs.
Twinmama Likes This 
Old 09-15-2017, 01:20 AM   #7
Twinmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRiseArts View Post
well I would think it would expand. So if anyone is doing it, there must be a trick to it.

If you never have made bubble bars, maybe you should try making normal ones, before you venture to something more complex.

No matter how many videos you watch, real experience comes with practicing. Same recipe different day, can be two completely different experiences.
Oh yes for sure!! I need some bubble bars on the ready for myself! I just wanted to try and do one order for both. I saw this and it got me thinking there might be other ingredients needed. http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com...-hardener.aspx

Old 09-15-2017, 04:17 AM   #8
SunRiseArts
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 789 Times on 391 Posts
Likes Given: 898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinmama View Post
Oh yes for sure!! I need some bubble bars on the ready for myself! I just wanted to try and do one order for both. I saw this and it got me thinking there might be other ingredients needed. http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com...-hardener.aspx
You realize that is just cream of tartar, right?