Not impressed with Bulk Apothecary!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might possibly be that they are just a distributor for WSP's Crafter's Choice brand instead of being fully owned by them (I will have to check it out to be sure), but with that aside for the moment, there have been 24 complaints against them with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) in the past 3 years, and 9 which were closed in the past 12 months.

If you look up Bulk Apothecary on the BBB site, they are listed under the name of "Natural Essentials", and you are not the only one that has had an unhappy experience with their service. You can read the complaints on the BBB site: http://www.bbb.org/akron/business-r...atural-essentials-in-streetsboro-oh-132517552

I just found the above info from reading some threads on the TeachSoap forum.

IrishLass :)

Several months ago, I posted about Bulk Apothecary and someone posted that they were owned by WSP. Debbie May had a container webby and never indicated she owned it. Let me see if I can confirm!

I did a search and nothing I found links them to one another. Owners listed as husband. wife and brother team named Pelligrino same as Dorymae. Nothing connecting them.

I have to tell you that I'm not impressed with some of their EOs. Their Lavender 40/42 does nothing for me. I'm going back to NDA when this batch is used up. Plus I got 2 jars (lemon and Patchouli) that were under stated weight. I did not have a problem with shipping times, though.

Well, I give up and retract my posting about Bulk Apothecary being part of WSP. I cannot find the post I got it from. Sorry, I am usually very careful of what I post.:sad:

I placed an order Thursday or Friday and got it Saturday via FedEX shipping to home. I live in Ohio where they are, so that's a factor. I was very pleased. It was a relatively small order. You can't beat their prices on jars and bottles, at least that I've found. Shipping using FedEx option was around 13 dollars.

I live in IN and haven't found their shipping excessive. I bought 120 lbs of MP bases and approx. 12 FOs. The S&H was $58.00 and I received my order in 2 days. I paid almost that much from BB for less than a 20 lb order and it took almost 2 weeks to arrive.

I routinely price out SFIC bases and they have the best pricing per lb. If you can afford an order for $250.00, they further discount an additional 15%. Just for the heck of it, I even compared their pricing to buying from SFIC directly. With the trucking fees, I would only save about .05 per lb. I also have no complaint with their EO quality - they all tested clear indicating purity of oils; pricing I have found cheaper but sometimes it's worth paying a little extra for me to get my order in a timely manner.

I regularly order from Bulk Apothacary and find their prices and products to be most satisfactory.

I used to order from them a lot. I'm in Canada and it became a hassle to place the order to begin with. Their shipping charges jumped substantially as well in recent months so I have dropped them completely.

They have no respect for your time. They would put me on hold and then conveniently hangup on me when I asked a question they didn't have an answer to. If I was a small time customer I could possibly see it but when my orders are over $1500 USD they should get their act together and make sure it's an easy process! The right hand does not know what the left is doing. They're all clueless! I only put up with them because of their pricing and the quality seemed good. Well now that I use NDA I realize the quality isn't as good with BA as I originally thought it was. Some of their EO's are better than others for quality too.

Save yourselves the hassle and shop elsewhere. Something's gone awry with them as of late and they're worse than ever.

I just yesterday bought some fractionated coconut oil from them. I've never ordered there before, but BB was out of stock. Looked everywhere else, and found costs very high. My order cost @ 6.80$, and shipping was $7. I spend hours pricing things out, unless I find a particular product I just love. I asked before, but didn't receive a response. ..isn't there an app that will tell you where the best price for "x" is. Who is having a sale? Dare I say free shipping? Is there something like that out there?
Soapers Choice sells 1 gallon of FCO (MCT) for 22.40 ($3.20 per lb) and their shipping is not excessive. Final cost for me in Southern CA is $4.42 per lb. It has a long shelf life

Back