Bath Bomb Cupcakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielle22033

Reaction score
Has anyone made and sold bathbomb cupcakes? They are super fun to make! This is my second year selling them, however if you do sell them what do you make the "icing" out of? mine is a Royal icing and if it's within 2 months old it can be a really nice sugar scrub that melts beautifully in the tub when wet, however if they are older than they they are pretty much hard as rocks. I was just looking for other options? other than a royal icing? it would have to be something some what durable so that it can handle being transported.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I make and sell bath bomb cupcakes. I use frosting soap, or whipped soap. The down side is you can not sell right away. First saponification is slowed down significantly. Zap after 4 days is not unusual. Second the soap should cure at least 4 weeks.

On the plus side you have a long time to work with it ( about 1 hour) and the bath bombs come with their own personal use soap.

I make and sell bath bomb cupcakes. I use frosting soap, or whipped soap. The down side is you can not sell right away. First saponification is slowed down significantly. Zap after 4 days is not unusual. Second the soap should cure at least 4 weeks.

On the plus side you have a long time to work with it ( about 1 hour) and the bath bombs come with their own personal use soap.

Dorymae, I was wondering if you could tell me what you charge for these bath bomb soaps? I charge $6 currently for my bathbomb cupcakes with the royal icing on top. My packaging is quite expensive however, they look amazing and I definitely do not want to change that.

Dorymae, I was wondering if you could tell me what you charge for these bath bomb soaps? I charge $6 currently for my bathbomb cupcakes with the royal icing on top. My packaging is quite expensive however, they look amazing and I definitely do not want to change that.

Then we are definitely of the same mind! I sell them for $6 as well. I use little cardboard cake stands for cupcakes for my packaging. I just wrap them up! (Yes they are more expensive but I think they really help in the sales) I then wrap a ribbon at the top and add a hang tag.

Then we are definitely of the same mind! I sell them for $6 as well. I use little cardboard cake stands for cupcakes for my packaging. I just wrap them up! (Yes they are more expensive but I think they really help in the sales) I then wrap a ribbon at the top and add a hang tag.

Do you have a pic? this is my 4 pack. My singles are similar to this however however it's sort of a bag box. I don't have a pic of it though...

cupcakes.jpg

Well this isn't a bath bomb, it is pure soap, (made for my 7 yo niece), so the packaging is a bit messier than usual but it shows the stand and gives you the idea.

DSCF1324.jpg

Well this isn't a bath bomb, it is pure soap, (made for my 7 yo niece), so the packaging is a bit messier than usual but it shows the stand and gives you the idea.

I absolutely love that!!! SOOO pretty! Would you mind sharing the supplier? I am totally ok if your not.

Do they slip of the cardboard if you are not careful?

I found a pick of my single cupcake packaging, however there is a duck in it... not a cupcake lol and I don't usually add tissue paper either.

1457496_650986698353358_4385677176462178542_n.jpg

Last edited:
You can get them at lots of different places. That particular one was from AC Moore craft store. But Walmart has some here: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Single-Cu...de=0000&veh=cse&nextagid=-9114566547261720647

Also this etsy shop has some:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/181299...stand&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Btw that duck is adorable !

What I usually do is leave the cupcake in its wrapper and use a glue dot to keep it in place. ( the removable glue dots work very well. )

Thank you, they were the children's favours at my sister's wedding. Thanks soo much for the links! I look forward to getting some! they are soo cute!

Latest posts

Back