Bath fizzie WIN!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlybyStardancer

Reaction score
So I finally got to test one of my first batch of bath fizzies! I'm so excited! I used beet root powder as a colorant, and it worked beautifully. Gave the fizzies a nice pale pink color, with no staining of the water, skin, or tub. And while you could smell the beet root while mixing the dry stuff together, fragrance completely covered it up.

I think in future batches I'm going to swap out the milk powder for something else. My milk powder doesn't seem to like to dissolve in really warm/hot water (I have the same problem with my homemade hot chocolate).

I believe I used 1 tsp of the beet root powder for the fizzies (compared to 1 cup baking soda and 1/2 cup citric acid). When I went to check my spreadsheet on Google Drive, the last couple of weeks had been deleted! :( Luckily I have hand-written notes from most of it so I can re-enter the data lost, but that's really bad.

I don't have one, and not enough of the other. lol I tend to prefer bigger hunks of oats when I use them in soap, so I've never bothered to order the colloidal. It's a good idea for long-term planning, though! (I'm going to be making my next batch of fizzies soon, to give to my nieces as part of Easter gifts.)

If you just want a few packets of colloidal oatmeal to experiment with check your local drugstore (CVS in my case). They usually have a store-brand version of Aveeno's Soothing Bath Treatment which is 100% colloidal oatmeal. Store brand is usually $6 for 12oz vs almost $9 for the Aveeno version.

I don't have one, and not enough of the other. lol I tend to prefer bigger hunks of oats when I use them in soap, so I've never bothered to order the colloidal. It's a good idea for long-term planning, though! (I'm going to be making my next batch of fizzies soon, to give to my nieces as part of Easter gifts.)

Heck just put some oats through a coffe grinder. Instant colloidal oats, yes it is the same thing. Funny that they make you think it's something "special" huh? Now think about spending $6 for a few packets!

That would work...if I had a coffee grinder! LOL I've been on the lookout for a decent one for a few years now, but haven't been seeing them in the thrift stores and I haven't been willing to pony up for a new one. And since I don't drink coffee, well... There just hasn't been a rush. I used a mini food processor for rough-grinding the oats previously.

Latest posts

Back