Oil soluble hydrolyzed oat protein?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PuddinAndPeanuts

Reaction score
Anybody know of a supplier for oil soluble hydrolyzed oat protein? It does occur to me that "oil soluble" and "hydrolyzed" together is a bit of an oxymoron, so it may well not exist. Anyway, if someone knows of one, I'm all ears! Want it for an anhydrous body butter.

Last edited:
Here you go.

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/Oat_Protein_Hydrolyzed/1323?category=7

Oh wait you want oil soluble. Hmmm. I'll look.

Okay according to swift monkey and I'll bet she's right no hydrolyzed proteins are oil soluble. The process of hydrolyzing ( is that a word?) makes the oil soluble protein soluble in water. So I don't know is there a oat protein?

I'm thinking I'm out of luck on this one, but I did find some great oil soluble extracts at Brambleberry.

Any idea of some oils that hold up really well to heat? For the same project I'm going to infuse some oils with dried herbs, but want to choose an oil that can withstand hours and hours and hours in a double boiler. And what antioxidant might be most beneficial in helping the oil withstand the heat? T-50 vitamin E or Rosemary oleoresin extract? Any thoughts?

Thanks'

Back