Homemade playdoh

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch out for gak on your carpet. Even the pro's couldn't get it out of mine. My mom used to make a no cook play dough with baby oil. It stayed really soft and lasted as long as we were interested in it. (Side note: I have never heard of kids eating playdoh. Even my mom was stumped. Glue on the other hand...)

I was good for eating playdoh. That's half the reason I rarely got any. It smells so good though. PICA for the win?

I feel so sorry for the children. What are a few carpets compared to a healthy and cherished childhood!?

>Snicker<

Ooh, so I guess you're going to volunteer your time and vacuum to ensure our children (and grandbabies for those who have) have an awesome childhood? WHen can I schedule your services? :mrgreen:

I made this mornings with my flavored oil. The kindergarteners were so excited! Great advice on vanilla extract :)

Don't you love kindergarteners? The color you had were fantastic - I wish real PlayDoh had them.

Yeah, it's very difficult to find the true vanilla extract that doesn't come watered down with sugars and waters. Shoot - I just realized though that the true extract itself might also be a problem because of the alcohol content.

Ooh, so I guess you're going to volunteer your time and vacuum to ensure our children (and grandbabies for those who have) have an awesome childhood? WHen can I schedule your services? :mrgreen:

Oh, no. That is the great part of being an bachelor uncle. You swoop in, spoil the kids and then run like heck....

Hahahahaha

I feel so sorry for the children. What are a few carpets compared to a healthy and cherished childhood!?

>Snicker<

You don't have kids, do you? lol!
I let my kid play with gak at the Children's museum in town, but not at home! The landlord would LOVE to keep our deposit over a ruined carpet :problem:

>Snicker<

They can be healthy and happy without that evil stuff.
My mum sneaked in little tub over the Christmas and gave it to our daughter.
We were like, OK, she's a bit bigger now (8 yrs old) and she will now how to play with it.
Well, she was "happy and healthy" while playing with it, but 2 minutes out of sights and one of our kittens was covered in it. Poor kitty had to have a little hair cut.
Not to mention how I learnt the hard way NOT to put any water on it because it just makes it worse. There are still spots on the carpet we just couldn't get out.
Play dough all the way, nontoxic and cleans up easily. Slime (gak) was made in hell.
P.S. kitty is fine :) outgrowing her bad haircut hehe

You don't have kids, do you? lol!
I let my kid play with gak at the Children's museum in town, but not at home! The landlord would LOVE to keep our deposit over a ruined carpet :problem:

I have a niece and a nephew, and I would happily supply them with it next time I go to Texas.

MY niece is 13 now, so I doubt she would care about it, but my nephew is 10... I am betting it will be a blast! :D

Back