Chunky HP soap on a rope

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skatergirl46

Soaper on wheels
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made these in my Essential Depot silicone mold. I was going to use my tall and skinny, but it was really too skinny to accommodate the rope knot and have much longevity, so I used my larger mold. This is scented with Ginger Lime from BB and the color comes from the beer that made up most of the water. This is fluid HP. The top looks like that because I shaped it slightly when it was cooling. I have no idea why my picture is sideways.

0E7C08C4-DF67-4245-8AA5-4664E2B49010.jpg

That looks great! What did you use for rope? I'm on the hunt for something really soft, so it can hang around the neck without scratching old skin. I have a few octogenarians that really shouldn't be bending in the shower to pick up dropped soap!

Hemp can be pretty soft. Cotton is really soft, but I'd be worried about it not drying out and mold and stuff growing in it. Silk is probably prohibitively expensive and I'm not sure how it would do in a wet environment anyway. Maybe some sort of nylon mesh instead of rope?

Skatergirl's rope looks like cotton.

Latest posts

Back