Whether to fill silicone mold to the top or to leave some space

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At Goodwill this morning and found a really cool muffin tin. The tin had 6 pretty good size heart shaped molds, they were actually about the size of a regular bar of soap. I brought it. Now I'm wondering if I can buy some silicone spray and then spray them and pour my batter in and NOT have them stick. Any thoughts on this from anyone?

At Goodwill this morning and found a really cool muffin tin. The tin had 6 pretty good size heart shaped molds, they were actually about the size of a regular bar of soap. I brought it. Now I'm wondering if I can buy some silicone spray and then spray them and pour my batter in and NOT have them stick. Any thoughts on this from anyone?
You'd be better off just rubbing some mineral oil on the inside of the mold before pouring your batter. The soaps should pop out alright. Keep in mind that if the mold isn't made of stainless steel, there's a chance it could cause DOS on your soap.

Back