New silicone mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapSap

Reaction score
My BB tall skinny mold just arrived and I am eager to try it out. Does anyone know whether it is okay to CPOP in that mold? I certainly don't want to do it if it will in any way damage the mold.

Is it all silicon or wooden box with silicone liner?

I have a regular sized wooden mold from them and they told me not to CPOP with it as the wood can warp or glue would melt or explode or something (I don't remember exactly what - but do remember they said not to).

If it is entirely silicone, you should be fine since silicone is designed to be used as bakeware at much higher temps than we hit. To be absolutely sure, I'd send them an email. That way if it misbehaves you can hold them to their instructions.

Last edited:
I CPOP my BB 10 inch silicone mold. I put it on a cookie sheet and set my oven to 150, then turn it off when it reaches 150. I know some people have had a problem with bubbles when CPOPing with a silicone mold, and I think maybe the cookie sheet makes the difference.

i have the same mold, but it ain't from BB. afaik, it's okay to cpop using silicone molds, BUT you just got to watch it like a hawk. soaps in silicone molds are prone to rise like muffins.

Back