Is it the lye or the alcohol?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

layserbrat

Reaction score
Feel free to laugh after reading the question... :mrgreen: Since I never had the 'zap', I am not sure what it is...but the outside of the soap I made on Saturday gives a icky 'taste', not really a zap. But the inside is fine. Just the tops....where I sprayed Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol to keep the ash away.... Will that 'film' linger or is it possible that only the outside top of my bars are lye heavy?

I don't think icky taste qualifies as tongue on battery test.

Soap does not taste good, mom made me find out years ago. Had to stand there for 1/2 an hour with a bar in my mouth, I must've said the wrong thing. :twisted:

The ash may be more alkaline than the soap. Wipe off the outised of the bar with a wet cloth and try the zap test again. The zap is a zap, not a soapy taste.

well, it definitely doesn't zap...most of my soaps don't even have a taste when I do the zap test, this is one of the few I sprayed with alcohol, so, maybe that is what I was tasting....

Latest posts

Back