Can I sell Soap With Borax?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egirlxx7

Reaction score
I will be attending a show later next month, I want to make some liquid soaps. Can I sell liquid soaps that have borax in it or should I conform to citric acid.

I like using borax in my recipes so far.

I am doing a lot of reading on Borax, I know it is a mineral and a laundry booster, but I don`t think it is a detergent. I don`t want to put any detergents in my soaps.

After reacting to borax, I would recommend not to.
But it was me that reacted. I'm totally not going to use borax in anything.

My son got a hold of water mixed with a tiny bit of borax once (a few tablespoons to a big rubbermaid bowl full of water). I was cleaning and he had crawled out of his crib without my knowing. He didn't ingest much of it, but he actually stopped breathing. So I won't keep it in the house either and try to avoid buying anything with it listed in the ingredients if I can. I even keep regular laundry detergent in a top cabinet with a lock on it now.

My son got a hold of water mixed with a tiny bit of borax once (a few tablespoons to a big rubbermaid bowl full of water). I was cleaning and he had crawled out of his crib without my knowing. He didn't ingest much of it, but he actually stopped breathing. So I won't keep it in the house either and try to avoid buying anything with it listed in the ingredients if I can. I even keep regular laundry detergent in a top cabinet with a lock on it now.

Wow...that's really scary...So sorry you went through such a traumatic experience. Did you perform CPR on him or the ambulance came to the house?

AGH! Usually I am better at spotting necro'd threads. Thanks for letting me know! I wish the admins would lock threads over 6 months old or something. Keep this from happening.

Not a big deal, easy to do when scrolling or searching for something, not realizing how old the thread is. I personally like it when the OP resurrects a thread to give an update, and all the info is right there in one place (or, for that matter, other participants, like the fabulous shaving soap threads). If wanting to ask a similar question that wasn't answered or something, though, it may be better to start a new thread.

JM2C :)

Back