Body Odor Still Remains

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago, WSP had a great MP base which they called something like "Natural Clear". I had resigned myself to not being able to find the same base and having to use bases with SLS or other detergent types in them after WSP discontinued it.

Then I found the MP base or at least a very similar base on Cierra Candles' site. http://www.cierracandles.com/clear-soap-base.html It has great lather, non-drying and easy to melt. It does have a slight yellowish tinge to it but a few drops of blue liquid colorant makes it look clear. The ingredients are "Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerine (kosher, of vegetable origin), Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide saponifying agent), Sorbitol (moisturizer), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifier), Soy bean protein (conditioner)". It's very reasonably priced (IMO) and they have it set up to minimize shipping cost as much as possible. Here's the link to the page that discusses how they ship soap orders. http://www.cierracandles.com/melt-and-pour-soap.html

Since your question was about BASES: yes, the micheal's bases tend to...suck a bit. I used them once, when I first started, and never again! BrambleBerry.com's bases are quality and a lot cheaper per pound than Micheal's anyway, so I'd say to give them a shot ^_^

I just saw BB has the same clear base as Cierra Candles. I know shipping would be more expensive for me to order from BB but it might not be bad if you live close.

I do not know about the bases in BB or other suppliers. I got mine just at the neighbouring country and I do not usually use MP soap often.

Have you thot of formulating your own bases? I remember somebody post a video on that somewhere.

I do hope you can find a solution to your problem.

Last edited:
Poor Sgrrl - you asked for help with your soap base, not a debate on the cause of your BO! (And by the way, you probably are the only one who smells it! We are our own worst critics when it comes to smell.)

I did have good luck with one Michaels base, which was the double butter. Nice lather and consistency, and I have still been using the leftovers for white accents. Mostly I use the BB bases. Didn't like the Peak so much because it was crumbly. With both Peak and BB, I add about 10% more glycerine and I'm happy with the texture and lather of the end product. I wish I could tell you whether it's good for cutting the BO, but of course, I smell like an English garden and so I just can't help you with that. :lol:

There were a number of posters trying to lend their help.

Back