How long is to long to un-mold??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry S

Reaction score
I just poured a log of soap yesterday. I usually wait 24 to 36 hours to take the soap from the mold and cut into bars. It’s been 24 hours. I started to take the freezer wrap liner away from my soap but its still really soft. ':cry:'

I have to leave town tonight unexpectedly and wondered if leaving the soap in the liner until I return which would be about 3 ½ days would hurt anything. That is, would it be too hard to slice into bars. I’m using about 40% OO, 20%CO, 20%PO, and about 10% Castor…so my oils are all pretty soft. I don't remember ever waiting that long to cut bars. What do you guys think?
Js

I've actually waited a week or so before cutting before and didn't have any problems. I think you'll be just fine.

My recipe is almost identical to yours, and I have waited a week before unmolding and all was well. It's so hard sometimes to wait that long, but it's such a good combo of oils and makes a great bar of soap :D

Latest posts

Back