Glow in the Dark Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
For the curious!

21762189_10213795443097223_6384752710653500322_n.jpg

21687951_10213795443177225_935035564846292707_n.jpg

21762011_10213795443297228_2321792145199031338_n.jpg

Neat! That is a fabulous soap. I just made a glow-in-the-dark soap for Halloween, but I don't think I used enough of the glow powder. Mine glows, but it's faint. If you don't mind me asking Rusti; how much powder did you use to get that gorgeous glow?

Neat! That is a fabulous soap. I just made a glow-in-the-dark soap for Halloween, but I don't think I used enough of the glow powder. Mine glows, but it's faint. If you don't mind me asking Rusti; how much powder did you use to get that gorgeous glow?

Probably pretty close to an ounce for a bit over a pound of batter - I was very heavy handed with it. I also charged it for this picture with a UV/blacklight (it takes a lot longer to get a good glow by just setting it under an incandescent bulb and I wanted to make sure it showed bright enough for my iPhone).

I wouldn't mind playing around with some of that mica. Anyone know of a reliable source?

I got the powder I used from Vicious Beauties - she has a business/group page on facebook and has quite a few things. She tests most of her stuff, I think. I saw this stuff in action in cold process soap before I placed my order.

That is the coolist soap. I, too, love black light and glow in the dark items. But soap, never thought I'd see that.

I got the powder I used from Vicious Beauties - she has a business/group page on facebook and has quite a few things. She tests most of her stuff, I think. I saw this stuff in action in cold process soap before I placed my order.

I checked out Facebook via Google-ing the name. All I found was a closed group. Messaged one of the two admins if there was a website I could purchase her products, Pam Viccaro, and received the following response (very quickly I might add)...

"No i don't. I stay away from websites because they can't calculate shipping well, especially for what i carry. 10 lbs of botanicals would take a lot more space than 10 lbs butter, so I just do it here on fb and invoice through paypal".

I am a bit confused, as I can google quite a few other stores that sell botanicals and butter that seem to have figured out how to calculate shipping.

I checked out Facebook via Google-ing the name. All I found was a closed group. Messaged one of the two admins if there was a website I could purchase her products, Pam Viccaro, and received the following response (very quickly I might add)...

"No i don't. I stay away from websites because they can't calculate shipping well, especially for what i carry. 10 lbs of botanicals would take a lot more space than 10 lbs butter, so I just do it here on fb and invoice through paypal".

I am a bit confused, as I can google quite a few other stores that sell botanicals and butter that seem to have figured out how to calculate shipping.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/viciousbeauties/ this is the group I got them from. I didn't have any trouble getting what I ordered and they seem to have lots of happy buyers. You do have to join the group and comment/message to order instead of doing it through a site, but it's not any different than, say, getting in on Carolyn's dragons blood order.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/viciousbeauties/ this is the group I got them from. I didn't have any trouble getting what I ordered and they seem to have lots of happy buyers. You do have to join the group and comment/message to order instead of doing it through a site, but it's not any different than, say, getting in on Carolyn's dragons blood order.

I ordered an ounce of the glow in the dark mica. Looking forward to experimenting with it.

Nurture soaps also carries the glow in the dark pigment, although last time I checked it was out of stock. I purchased mine here: http://fssoapworks.com/?product=glo-green . I'm not sure about the shipping cost as its local for me and I'm able to pick up. The one from Florida Suncoast Soapworks works pretty well. It's oil dispersable. I used 2 teaspoons ppo.

This is like the ghost of soaps past, spookily just hanging out in the shower. I love it.

Back