~*~ SMF October 2017 Challenge - Simple Minimalistic Swirl! ~*~
~ October 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > The Photo Gallery > Glow in the Dark Soap

Old 09-26-2017, 02:57 AM   #11
Rusti

Liked 451 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamahido View Post
I wouldn't mind playing around with some of that mica. Anyone know of a reliable source?
I got the powder I used from Vicious Beauties - she has a business/group page on facebook and has quite a few things. She tests most of her stuff, I think. I saw this stuff in action in cold process soap before I placed my order.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:18 PM   #12
Angie
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 110 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 54

That is the coolist soap. I, too, love black light and glow in the dark items. But soap, never thought I'd see that.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #13
Kamahido
Paladin of Soap

Liked 382 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusti View Post
I got the powder I used from Vicious Beauties - she has a business/group page on facebook and has quite a few things. She tests most of her stuff, I think. I saw this stuff in action in cold process soap before I placed my order.
I checked out Facebook via Google-ing the name. All I found was a closed group. Messaged one of the two admins if there was a website I could purchase her products, Pam Viccaro, and received the following response (very quickly I might add)...

"No i don't. I stay away from websites because they can't calculate shipping well, especially for what i carry. 10 lbs of botanicals would take a lot more space than 10 lbs butter, so I just do it here on fb and invoice through paypal".

I am a bit confused, as I can google quite a few other stores that sell botanicals and butter that seem to have figured out how to calculate shipping.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #14
Rusti

Liked 451 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamahido View Post
I checked out Facebook via Google-ing the name. All I found was a closed group. Messaged one of the two admins if there was a website I could purchase her products, Pam Viccaro, and received the following response (very quickly I might add)...

"No i don't. I stay away from websites because they can't calculate shipping well, especially for what i carry. 10 lbs of botanicals would take a lot more space than 10 lbs butter, so I just do it here on fb and invoice through paypal".

I am a bit confused, as I can google quite a few other stores that sell botanicals and butter that seem to have figured out how to calculate shipping.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/viciousbeauties/ this is the group I got them from. I didn't have any trouble getting what I ordered and they seem to have lots of happy buyers. You do have to join the group and comment/message to order instead of doing it through a site, but it's not any different than, say, getting in on Carolyn's dragons blood order.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:18 AM   #15
TheDragonGirl
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 743 Times on 340 Posts
Likes Given: 133

New york scent company has a glow in the dark cosmetic pigment that I've just ordered to play with, myself, if people are still looking for other places to get it.
NsMar42111 Likes This 
Old 09-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #16
Kamahido
Paladin of Soap

Liked 382 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusti View Post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/viciousbeauties/ this is the group I got them from. I didn't have any trouble getting what I ordered and they seem to have lots of happy buyers. You do have to join the group and comment/message to order instead of doing it through a site, but it's not any different than, say, getting in on Carolyn's dragons blood order.
I ordered an ounce of the glow in the dark mica. Looking forward to experimenting with it.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:46 PM   #17
bumbleklutz

Liked 185 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 340

Nurture soaps also carries the glow in the dark pigment, although last time I checked it was out of stock. I purchased mine here: http://fssoapworks.com/?product=glo-green . I'm not sure about the shipping cost as its local for me and I'm able to pick up. The one from Florida Suncoast Soapworks works pretty well. It's oil dispersable. I used 2 teaspoons ppo.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:55 PM   #18
0115d8cf

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 103

This is like the ghost of soaps past, spookily just hanging out in the shower. I love it.