Selling candles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkbanshee87

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any usefull pointers on selling candles online ive been trying for months now although I dont have many I still need to sell them

I agree with Meganmischke....I wouldn't purchase a candle online. So, that being said maybe could look into selling at a market or some shows. I know I don't rely on online sales alone. I sell way more in person.

Hi, I have had success selling my candles online when I had my business. What type of candles do you make? It may be a bit more difficult if you are selling paraffin candles since that is a larger market with more competition, but I found that soy candles sell pretty well online. Probably because you can't find them as easily offline. Do you have a Facebook page and Pinterest account? Using Facebook and Pinterest and even Instagram in conjunction with your website is a great way to get the word out there. Facebook was my main way of growing my customer base and it still is probably the best way, besides organic search traffic from Google and other search engines.

I hope it's ok to post a link here to my website because I write articles about soy candle making and I have several articles about starting a candle business and plan on making videos on setting up your website and getting things going online (I am also a website designer). Anyway, here's the link: Soy Candle Making Time

I hope this helps!

Yeah thats fine they are soy candles but my website is with a free builder and looks rubbish

How is your business these days? Does it good?
Hmmm, I think that people buy candles depending on its smell, its ~ spam link removed~ You must impress your customer by 2 things above online!!!
Good luck to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know anything about selling candles but have you tried Etsy? It might look nicer.

Are there shows you can go to for public exposure? You can hand out business cards with your website address on them. You might be able to build your online business this way. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Also, please ignore rockboy. He's a spammer but just not a very good one since he wasn't able to hyperlink the spammy link in his signature line. However, I still removed it. :lol:

Back