Bath bomb disaster!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitterz

Reaction score
I have a bath bomb recipe that I have been using since the beginning of the year and I have not had any issues with it at all.

Well, this weekend I went to check all my stocks and make sure everything was fine for my next fair on Friday. Well, to my dismay, most of my bath fizzies have reacted with the humidity and they had all "puffed" up in their packaging. . .have to throw it all out :-(

On the flip side, I have a bomb that I made in February that was my first try and it is kinda just lying around in my craft room. Decided to check and test that one. . . .still hard as rock, good. . .still fizzes in the water, perfect.

So why did the rest react with the humidity if that one is just lying out in the open??

Needles to say, I was extremely depressed and actually wanted to cry!

I feel better now. . ..

I will not be making any more for the time being as this time of year is high humidity practically on a daily basis.

Still cannot understand it though. We have a retail shop that sells bombs etc and theirs are just displayed in baskets in the front of the store. . .how come they do not have any issues with humidity?

The mind boggles!!

I totally get your frustration. Fizzies are a mystery. I had a batch do this after they were bagged. I have no idea why, but I'm thinking I didn't let them dry long enough before I bagged them. It's the only thing I can think of.

Latest posts

Back