Using a candle mold for CP soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertspal42

Reaction score
Do you think that using a candle pillar mold to make a center for a loaf mold would work out? I've been pondering this all night because i've noticed that alot of the candle molds are also silicon.. I was looking at some candle molds that are pie shaped and fruit shaped and wondered how well that would work.. any thoughts, ideas, input??

If it's made out of silicone it should be find. Will you have unmoulding issues?
As long as it isn't aluminium, or any other metal apart from stainless steel it should be fine.

Ok good to know.. I've seen silicone fruit molds for candles and thought it'd be pretty smart to embed them into a log mold.. what material for soap molds can you use for CP soap exactly? I know silicone is good but pvc?

Yes you can use PVC, but to prevent sticking line it with something first like freezer paper. The 2.5 and 3" round PVC pipes make excellent molds.

^^^You don't necessarily need to line PVC. Depends on the recipe, and mine do ok w/o lining.

Good to know! CP soaps will be a new path for me i've been reading up on it but it's good to get advice and such from someone with experience

I don't line my PVC mold ,I just put some baby oil on it and pop it in the freezer for a little while. Unmolds like a charm.

Kitn

Thanks for the pointers. I found a place online that sells silicone pillar molds.. now I was thinking about trying to make a few mold myself when i get back from this stupid place.. does anywhere make flat PVC though? I've never honestly seen it.. i'm thinking it's going to be way to easy and probably cheaper to make these molds myself.. I want to put them into my log mold for a center ya know what I mean :D

Latest posts

Back