Business name help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: aahh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that was hilarious!!

Hey dag lets go with that! Victoria Natural Bath & Body, A warm welcome from southern nature :D

l_038d6bcbb4276e60b244700219f4838a.jpg

I red'g with BlueHost.
I also checked out SiteGround.

They're comparable in price.
That security thingy - your own private SSL or whatever is cheaper with BlueHost - but your'e really on your own. I haven't figured out how to set the thing up yet! But I have it registered... lol

I"m not 100% on how mine works, but its included in my package for as long as I"m with BlueHost - I guess if I ever go to another provider I have to transfer it and go with whatever rules they have. As long as I get my site up and running I'm happy with paying the $7.95 a month.

EDIT: WHEN i get my site up and running......

Well I see how to do it if I want a website lmao but inorder to register my business name I have to go to my county office and fill out paper work and so on... so that's lame... so if I register my domain name do you think that would cover my butt until I registered my name with the county clerk office?

It will save your spot in cyberspace.
It wont help you get through the legal loops.

Does your county have an online service?

check your domain availability here: www.checkdomain.com

not sure.. it's east texas... so prolly not Wood County, Texas... small towns out there.. no telling :cry: i'm waiting for the site to load that you sent me

Generally speaking you don't need an SSH secure server unless you plan on hosting your own shopping cart software. You can use a shopping cart host like Mal's Ecart (http://www.mals-e.com/) and that will take your customers to their secure server for payment. I would highly recommend Mal's Ecart, it has been so customizable and will work with most types of payment options as well as having very comprehensive shipping options and can look just like your website so it integrates really well. It's free too!

I use Future Quest for my web hosting, and it is really easy to use and has tons of features as well as the latest versions of PHP, MySQL, Apache, ect.. so that you can do more complex things with your site. They are also on call by e-mail 24/7 and reply very fast. It's $15 a month for 500mb disk space, 5gb bandwith, 5 MySQL databases, up to 15 websites under the one account, as well a their easy to use CNC user interface where you can manage newletters, e-mail, databases, webpages, ect. (Geepers, that sounds like an ad!)

If you need any help with setting up your website just let me know! There were some things that took me ages to find out when I was learning on my own with my first website (just simple things that made a big difference). Like how to use tables in your design, how to format images so that they don't go wonkie, and how to use PHP and MySQL for database type applications.

:) I like your final name! It's very punchy!

Hey, thats what I did. I got my domain last month. No hosting or anything yet. Its only $9 a year on 1and1. I just got my DBA today at the town hall. There is a bigger chance someone will take your name online compared to in your county. Very easy to file a DBA.

One step at a time...

Edit: Watch out when you search your domain online. I have read that there are engines that track domains people search and buy them up. Have a bunch of domain names ready and try them on the website you will buy right before you are going to do it.

Generally speaking you don't need an SSH secure server unless you plan on hosting your own shopping cart software. You can use a shopping cart host like Mal's Ecart (http://www.mals-e.com/) and that will take your customers to their secure server for payment. I would highly recommend Mal's Ecart, it has been so customizable and will work with most types of payment options as well as having very comprehensive shipping options and can look just like your website so it integrates really well. It's free too!

I use Future Quest for my web hosting, and it is really easy to use and has tons of features as well as the latest versions of PHP, MySQL, Apache, ect.. so that you can do more complex things with your site. They are also on call by e-mail 24/7 and reply very fast. It's $15 a month for 500mb disk space, 5gb bandwith, 5 MySQL databases, up to 15 websites under the one account, as well a their easy to use CNC user interface where you can manage newletters, e-mail, databases, webpages, ect. (Geepers, that sounds like an ad!)

If you need any help with setting up your website just let me know! There were some things that took me ages to find out when I was learning on my own with my first website (just simple things that made a big difference). Like how to use tables in your design, how to format images so that they don't go wonkie, and how to use PHP and MySQL for database type applications.

I like your final name! It's very punchy!

Thanks for the great info! I'm not really looking at setting up a site just yet.. I have to get back home and start building up stock before I can even think about that lmao but i'll defiently have to phone you as a friend when it comes time to do this which i'm hoping by december this year i'll have a big enough stock to be able to do this. Thanks for looking out to! This is why I ask so many questions because at least 85% of the folks on here have gone through most of this stuff already haha I'm glad I finally decided on a name I was starting to go crazy with the naming haha

Hey, thats what I did. I got my domain last month. No hosting or anything yet. Its only $9 a year on 1and1. I just got my DBA today at the town hall. There is a bigger chance someone will take your name online compared to in your county. Very easy to file a DBA.

One step at a time...

Edit: Watch out when you search your domain online. I have read that there are engines that track domains people search and buy them up. Have a bunch of domain names ready and try them on the website you will buy right before you are going to do it.

Yeah I want to do the whole on line web thing eventually.. but right now i'm still in Iraq.. I don't get home till around 1 June then I can start building my stock up and so on. I want to do a few shows before I seriously start online selling that way I can figure out what people like more and really test the waters! I just emailed my county clerks office to ask what I need to do.. but i can't do anything until I get back to Texas first! it's pretty frustrating!

Im not even close to selling. But, since I have purchased the domain name, it is mine now. Nothing is on my website. You have to get hosting which is separate to have people view and is a monthly fee on top of the domain cost. The domain is just the address, and I paid $9 for the year. There is no harm in reserving the name for your site as it works out to only $.75 a month.

I want to get all my affairs in order for when the time does come to sell. I know I will be doing this in the future, so I am just getting ready. Once I get my recipes down... that will be the time. I feel its better to know you have your website name now rather than coming back and the name you want is gone. That would be a big bummer.

Jeff, that is exactly what I'm doing, too. I'm getting all my affairs lined up first so that way, when I'm comfortable with the recipe, I won't be rushing through everything.

I see yeah.. that wouldn't be a bad Idea really even then I guess I could use it as a blog type thing until i'm ready TO sell haha

How about Victoria's Naturals, with a subtitle of Bath and Body Products. That way you can purchase a short domain: victoriasnaturals.com

ETA: Oops! Just read the whole thread and saw that you have already made your choice. Good luck with everything!

Latest posts

Back