Business name help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertspal42

Reaction score
Ok so I have a business name but i'm not sure.. I plan on making soap, lotion, scrubs and more.. so here it is "Victoria's Soap N' More"

Is that good? I googled it and nothing came up I even wiki'd the crap outta it and still nothing popped up.. infact for google the only thing that came up was some stuff about Tori Spelling lmao :D

I think it's a little too "common". Unless your name is Victoria, I'd try to pick something a little more original... Maybe "Victorian Soap..."? It's similar and whenever I think Victorian I can't help but think classy. It would also lend easily to a packaging theme.

Personally I like it - think of Victoria's Secret and how well they've done. Your name makes me think of Victorian Gardens, & quiet elegance....

Cheers
Lindy

I se both of your points very clearly lol I think the one I came up with is a little bland.. but I like the whole victorian thing to it makes me think of class to.. I like how Lindy said the whole Victorian Gardens thing though that's pretty classy :D but i'm not sure- Victorian soap hmm.. I think we need more peoples input.. :wink:

I would not use the word soap. I started out making soap & now I do not make soap & only do bath & body. I would use a name you can take w/ you incase you switch to a different venue. I like Victoria's Garden or Victorian Garden or something along those lines.

Will your items have a theme? Are they country, city, victorian, natural, colorful? Give us more clues & we can help better.

CLUES!!! YYAAAYYY ok sooo I'm wanting to do a lot of colorful things with herbs and I want to be as natural as possible but not organic natural I would like to incorprate country type into it but I want to keep my options open in the theme base :wink:

wow dan... wow is all I can say... you're supposed to be helping.. lol thanks for the useless information I'll remember that if I have it as a question on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" :wink:

Danielito said:
Victoria's Secret.... is that her real name is "Victor"

True facts!

Get out of here! Seriously? I never would've guessed that. I guess "Victor's Secret" would've attracted a WHOLE different set of clientele, huh? hehe

Tabitha said:
I would not use the word soap. I started out making soap & now I do not make soap & only do bath & body. I would use a name you can take w/ you incase you switch to a different venue. I like Victoria's Garden or Victorian Garden or something along those lines.

Will your items have a theme? Are they country, city, victorian, natural, colorful? Give us more clues & we can help better.

I totally agree. I have "soap" in my name and won't be making soap any more, so our name is not quite so accurate anymore. Things can change so much from when you start to when you find out what your best products are and loose some products along the way.

Atleast someone is helping.. ah hum.. dan.. lmao :lol: Ok so how bout something like Victoria's Garden's (seems a lil weird though) or The Garden's of Victoria (I wanna use my nammmeeeee :D)

Hi Victoria,
Choosing a business name is hard! Each day more companies pick names, open up their doors and claim domain names. It needs to be perfect, cause your're kinda stuck with it :D

Here 5 (or actually 6) tips I found helpull, just to get your mind going. On the site every tip is explaned simple and clear.

http://sbinfocanada.about.com/od/startup/a/createbizname.htm

1) A winning business name has to be memorable – but easy to spell.
so maybe 'n would be better spelled and.
2) A winning business name needs a visual element.
3) A winning business name has to have positive connotation.
Like Victoria's Skin Care; you'll company will come across like you care for peoples problems.
4) A winning business name needs to include information about what your business does.
Thats why I wouldn't go with Victoria's Garden; no one would be able to tell what your company does and sells.
But if you said Victoria's Natural Skin, Body, etc., everyone can guess you make natural skin care products.
5) A winning business name has to be fairly short.

And a tip from me, set yourself apart :wink: Really show what makes you you.
Victoria's Secret, when you think of setting yourself apart, but keeping to the above is actually the perfect example; it has that right air of tension, when you visualize a or your secret. A secret is something whe hide from others, and so is (or at least in most professions) our underwear :wink: Or in case you believe Dan's story, some other human bodyparts :lol:

Good luck with finding that perfect name for you!

Dagmar

OOHHH I like you your going to be in my other back pocket for when I need more help!!! I like that Victoria's Natural Skin, Body, etc idea! WOO That was a good one, yeah I thought the Garden's thing would make people think I was a gardner!! ok ok how about we go with Victoria's Homemade Natural Skin and Body Products. Is that to long though? How about we deleted the Homemade Victoria's Natural Skin and Body Products. I dont know if this is just me but I just thought of a serial killler reading that :? ......

How about The Natural Way: Bath and Body?

*edited to add this: Anyone think this might be a good one?
The Backwoods Natural Bathe n' Body (or without the e in bath)

Because we live in the backwoods of east texas lmao a Po'dun town

:lol: haha the serial killer would be way more interested in Victoria's Natural Body Parts :p
Like your last idea a lot! The backwoods sounds & feels great.
About the e in bathe, try to design a logo with both options (or even one or two others) and show them to family and friends.

I like the backwoods one (and the other ones) :)

What about to make it a bit shorter, "Backwoods Bath & Body" (sort of a triple B thing, could have monogram potential), or "Backwoods Natural Bath & Body".

These things are always so hard, but I think you have some winner ideas :)

I like the "The Natural Way" too or maybe "Natural Ways" with a subtitle/catch phrase which says something including bath and body in it. I like the way the natural way one rolls off the tongue.

Maybe:

"Victoria's Natural Way" subtitle (Sumptuous and Natural Bath and Body)

"Backwoods Beauty & Bath"

"Backwoods Bubbles"

I am having fun, but I have to go to bed now, hubbies waiting! :)

Yeah I really like the backwoods one that was a great Idea with the triple b thing I like that. I'm going to run over it with my mom *and a car?* and see what she thinks.. I liked the natural way one to but dunno how catchy it would be maybe I should do a quick poll and see which one people like more... I think I will and yes I think the serial killer would like the parts logo!! :wink:

Latest posts

Back