Help me fill my shopping list newbie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isha

Reaction score
Hello crafters/ soapers
I'm addicted to soaping and BB products... I've been making soaps for a while now and also tried a hand on lotions but it turned out nasty..

I've been reading alot on this lovely forum n made note of some amazing recipes from Linda n isrishlass [emoji4] and few other.
I want to make body soothing lotions and lipbalm n lipstics
So after hogging the forum for few days now. This is what I've got so far

For lotion

Stearic acid
Emulsifying wax ( can anyone be specific about this)
Sodium lactate
KoH
NaoH
Cetyl alcohol
Beeswax

Preservatives
Liquid germanium plus

I have the oils n FO n eo

What else do I need. N what other preservatives will be useful.. Kindly advice. Open to learning.. Being in India it's very tough to get few things in small-scale as the handmade B&B industry is still not established n items r available only to industries in bulk..
If you will be kind enough to share maximum list if items. I've give my very best to hunt down suppliers n get them

Thanks

Thanks isg.. I will do my homework on this..
Have u tried it made anything mentioned in these sites

Yes, I particularly like some of the Herbarie's and Makingcosmetics.com's formulas. Just look at the generic INCI names for the ingredients they list and you can use what is available to you, in your area.

Sure will do.. Also r u aware of any natural ingredients to enhance fairness.. Or remove suntan n bring the natural skin colour

You can also buy:

1) Glycerine
2) Glycol
3) Isopropyl alcohol
4) Ethanol (Vodka available in India is not strong. Everclear is not available)
5) Multani mitti (AKA Fuller's Earth/Bentonite clay)

Lemon won't work.. But has anyone tried to make soap with tomato or potato puree??
They both have akin lightening properties..
Thanks isg.. I will do my homework on this..
Have u tried it made anything mentioned in these sites

Lemon juice but I don’t think it will work in soaps or lotion.

Gylcol... Where do I get this.. Rest I have

Lemon won't work.. But has anyone tried to make soap with tomato or potato puree??
Has anyone tried making soap with tomato or potato puree?? They both have akin lightening properties

Has anyone tried making soap with tomato or potato puree?? They both have akin lightening properties

I've heard of kajolic acid n seen it's reviews.. They r great.. I've use licorice n my customers r do happy to see reduction of hyperpigments on face n neck..

You can make soap using tomato puree or tomato juice. I know of a few soapmakers that that make it on a regular basis. I have it on my list to try making, but haven't done so yet.

IrishLass :)

Should I water discount n use them iced n directly mix lye to it..
I was wondering if 100 % tomato juice is a good idea . Instead of water ??
What r ur thoughts.?

Should I water discount n use them iced n directly mix lye to it..
I was wondering if 100 % tomato juice is a good idea . Instead of water ??
What r ur thoughts.?

You can use 100% tomato juice as the water. That's how one of our members (carebear) makes her tomato soap. She says it's one of her favorite soaps.

IrishLass :)

Back