3 new soaps - Almost done curing! :eek:

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbalEarthling

Reaction score
Can't wait to try em out!

Left: Anise & Mint colored with spirulina and charcoal
Middle: Orange Kiss (with a Cocoa Twist) - Don't know if I'm going to put that last blurb in there, just thought it was cute. Colored with cocoa powder, madder root, and turmeric.
Right: Peppermint Peaks colored with madder root

Having so much fun replenishing my stock!

Trio.jpg

Those are some beautiful natural colors, I just purchased some madder root, how much did you have to use to get that shade? I have been playing around with some clays and other natural colors and really enjoying the change from my usual.

I'll try to dig up some of the ones I have made, I gave most of them away since they were not very attractive, nothing fancy, couple of plain single color. I should be able to find a few though.

HerbalEarthling Here are some of my attempts using natural color, the yellow soap is unscented carrot buttermilk with annatto, and it is much brighter in real life, the one next to it is sea clay and charcoal with colloidal oatmeal and shea, the pink(ish) one is adzuki bean, pink clay goat milk, and honey. The one next to it is three colors of clay, but you can hardly see the light colored clay. My biggest dilemma is the scent when using natural colors, I don't have as many essential oils as I did at one time and it seems kinda strange to use FO in a more natural soap.
Sorry about the size of the photo!

Just Soap natural color pic.jpg

I was wondering will adzuki beans itself give pinkish color oliveoil2?

Olive, how did you get that blue? And adzuki beans are intriguing, I'll have to do some research. Thanks for sharing!

clarza the beans are the color of a red kidney bean, and when ground the powder is off white, but I think it would make the specks of color stand out more without any added color, HerbalEarthling I think the lighting makes the sea clay look more blue, and the yellow from the annatto is more of a bright Easter egg color. I tried the adzuki beans are used in many Japanese skin care products.

Latest posts

Back