Bath bomb molds headache

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BekahAnne

Reaction score
So I'm been making bath bombs for about four months found and twicked a recipe that I like and made several batches successfully so I thought hat! Why not try making a bomb from a silicone train mold I have for my nephew! Well I packed at tight as I could then made cupcake bottoms with the rest for my other trial thing and they been sitting in the mold for about twelve hours and went to go take them out and they just crumbled! The cupcake bottoms are hardening nicely tho. Any tips when working with silicone molds like this?

I haven't had any luck with using floppy molds either so if someone has figured it out, I'd love to hear their secrets. So far, those attempts have only resulted in bomb rubble. I was thinking I might need to work with a wetter/higher oil batter and leave them in the molds for a long time, but my lack of patience has prevented me from fiddling with that... plus, it would start to verge into making bath truffles if I used more oil.

Latest posts

Back