soap making machine

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all 'due' respect, I have to agree with everyone else. And of course you are free to take your questions to other forums, but I doubt you will get a different answer.
You and your benefactor can spend all the money in the world on a machine, but if your soap is sub-par, then your business will fail. People don't buy crappy soap twice; and there are a bunch of us out there selling great stuff that we've worked years to perfect.
So like someone else said - "Good luck with that."
If you don't care enough to take pride in your products and make sure that your customers are getting your very best, then you shouldn't be in business.

Oh and BTW, I also have a passion for CP soap as well as money. I fund my passion for soap in a very tiny business in which I only hope to pay for my supplies, and I have a full-time job that pays my bills.

If it's cp or hp soaps, I don't think it will really be cost effective as he is buying a bar In less than a dollar. If no one here knows anything about these small machines, its ok I'll just go look elsewhere. My passion for soaps lies in the handmade ones, my passion for money lies on mass production for this guy. And please, if u don't have any helpfull advice, move on. With all do respect

With all due respect, your soap will be plain if you use a machine. Also, your "passion for soaps" has been all of 2.5 months. You have no idea how long your soap will stay on a shelf without rancidity or DOS. You don't have feedback from other people on how they like the soap. As was stated before, people won't be back for bad soap.

Also, with all due respect, this forum is full of helpful advice. We are trying to help you understand how un-ready you are to go into soap making business. We are trying to help you not get sued for everything you are worth(and then some), by not being sure your product is safe before selling. And we are trying to help you see past the $$ in front of your eyes.

Right now this guy's company uses sells around 8000 bars a month, he's looking to cut in the cost, his supplier produce nice soaps but quite plain ones, he is the who is going to invest the money and he knows it could take some time. If it's cp or hp soaps, I don't think it will really be cost effective as he is buying a bar In less than a dollar. If no one here knows anything about these small machines, its ok I'll just go look elsewhere. My passion for soaps lies in the handmade ones, my passion for money lies on mass production for this guy. And please, if u don't have any helpfull advice, move on. With all do respect

I'm not coming here to steal your long years knowledge and experience, or ask for ready to made recipes that you worked on for years. I'm just looking to see if anyone about machine made soaps and can help me out.

It's obvious you don't get, what all the people that have spent time replying to your post are trying to convey. So I suggest you do go elsewhere, find your passion for money ,good luck trying to find somewhere else. Bye, Bye.Forum rule - read below.

10 - "I'm leaving" posts are not allowed. Should you wish to leave the forum simply go. Go now. Leave already... just leave and don't look back. no need to reply

I don't wish to leave, I like this forum and it helped me a lot, but in this matter I must have asked the wrong people, obviously everyone here is only into handmade soaps, which is great, I simply wanted to know more about machine made ones. No need to attack me just because I'm asking for help. You can't make assumptions about me cause non of you know me. I'm not planning on make or obviously sell something that I don't know about, this is exactly why I came here and asked for help.

You are, though! I don't think that the conversation went this way:

Your customer: "Wow, I love this soap. You should make one thousand bars a month and I'll sell them!"

You: "Actually, I have hardly started making soap yet, I am a long way off of selling ANY amounts, let alone thousands. I have made some CP but not any HP let alone looking in to an industrial method. But thanks for the compliment, let's go get an Orange-mocha-frappachino!"
You must have been planning to do it, because you were looking in to it. The point that many people have made here is that, when you come to even think about selling, there should be almost no soap related questions that you need to ask.

You are all wasting your breathe, or well typing, and time. You can tell by the way he types that English is not his first language and his way of doing things is very common in his culture. He probably thinks you are all just jealous and will not be able to understand how you believe you are helping him by trying to warn him not to sell.

I've seen this many many times and it is a culture thing. Sad but true.

I don't wish to leave, I like this forum and it helped me a lot, but in this matter I must have asked the wrong people, obviously everyone here is only into handmade soaps, which is great, I simply wanted to know more about machine made ones. No need to attack me just because I'm asking for help. You can't make assumptions about me cause non of you know me. I'm not planning on make or obviously sell something that I don't know about, this is exactly why I came here and asked for help.

Mr. or Mrs./Ms. Waisbrod :

As you continue to look on the internet for soap making forums you will come to see or notice that they are all Handmade soap forums. In mass producing handmade soap there are no machine [ outside of a blender and a oil heater ] to be found . You asked the "wrong" people but got the "RIGHT" answers. Any business that presents a product to the public for use or consumption 1st have to know the life of that product on the shelf , has to guarantee safety and consistency , as well as a quality product . You expected to hear favorable remarks to encourage you in your venture but was not wise enough to see that you did get exactly what you needed , which is experienced insight.
You went on to say that : "You can't make assumptions about me cause non of you know me. " , well anywhere you go in this big wide world assumptions are made on how you look , how you interact , or on any number of factors , it is just how the world works ..... in this case , it is when you open your mouth that clarity of exactly who and whom you are takes shape , just by the questions you asked , for they highlighted your inexperience in 1. the craft and 2. business. There is no personal attack against you in any way shape or form here on this forum , and in the end you will do exactly as you deem fit concerning your soap making venture.

In the warmest of love , Bless you .

Last edited:
Don't think it is a good idea to invest a lot of money in something you know little about. Have you thought about liability insurance, FDA regulations etc.?

You are all wasting your breathe, or well typing, and time. You can tell by the way he types that English is not his first language and his way of doing things is very common in his culture. He probably thinks you are all just jealous and will not be able to understand how you believe you are helping him by trying to warn him not to sell.

i understand it , i have seen it over and over on different forums people who have made little to no soap at all and want to make a "Fortune 500" company overnight . india and Pakistan and a few others are some of the countries that uses the "machine" method of soap making and i get what they are trying to do in terms of helping themselves and their families ..... but no matter where you go in this world in the name of selling a product , even if it is a peanut or a glass of water you have to know your product and how it will affect the masses . // everything in my bones telling me that this person want to "Mill" soap , which they still got to know what they are doing .

Last edited:

Respectfully, while I agree with the majority opinion that it is short sighted and unwise to attempt selling in mass quantities with little to no experience, could you refrain from making assumptions about "his culture." There is no information on the OP's public profile about where he is from. I could cite plenty of examples of native English speakers who sell before they are ready and become defensive when they are given prudent advice to the contrary. Sadly, this is not unique to a particular culture or country.

Nobody here is against machine made soaps - we all use machines in our soaps (stick blenders, mixers, microwaves...). The objection is to selling something before you understand it and have some expertise in it. This is fair, because with soap you can actually hurt someone if you do it wrong.

Respectfully, while I agree with the majority opinion that it is short sighted and unwise to attempt selling in mass quantities with little to no experience, could you refrain from making assumptions about "his culture." There is no information on the OP's public profile about where he is from. I could cite plenty of examples of native English speakers who sell before they are ready and become defensive when they are given prudent advice to the contrary. Sadly, this is not unique to a particular culture or country.

you are right Judymoody // my apology to all on the forum .

I maybe not American, but I'm hardly even near Pakistani or Indian. I know I don't know anything about the things I'm asking, this is exactly the reason I'm asking it. Using the right amount of time, resilience and determination I know I can pull this off no matter what any one you will say. My "culture" is quite famous for its resilience. If I can do this thing in cp or hp soaps, in a cost effective way, this will be my full time job. If I can't find a way to beat his soap maker's price, I will have to go for the machine based one. But no matter what anyone will say here I won't give up without a fight, I plan on spending these 3 months on research, so again, if anyone here Have a helpfull advice (cutting costs on cp/hp soaps and minimal prices per bar and machine based ones) or even an external link to somewhere that can me, I would really appreciate it. If not, thanks for showing me that this way won't be so easy as I first thought.

In these forums is all that you will need to know about making CP and HP soap. You'll need to try a lot of it out to see how it works for you, taking the knowledge and mixing it with experience to turn it in to wisdom. That includes cutting costs and cost per bar examples - a point here is that until you know what sort of oils you need, you won't even know what to cut to cut costs!

As for the machine, have you emailed the maker at all?

That is the only answer I can give you.

I don't think any of us could help you without more information about what type of machine it is that you are considering. Is it based of milling? hot process? the recipes to try would be different in either case.

Perhaps you can ask the manufacturer for a sample of soap made in the machine you are considering, just to check the appearance and texture of the soap. I love CP but I dislike the texture of HP. On the other hand I have seen beautiful looking HP soap posted here, so there must be some tricks to getting HP to feel and look better.

While it is true that there is no substitute for experience in this craft, one can learn a lot by just reading the vast amount of information in this and other forums. For example, what oils to keep out to avoid DOS, what properties each oil brings to the soap, and so on.

getting back to the original question, what kind of machine are we talking about here? there are all sorts of machines, from the gigantic-factory looking ones, french mill, etc. what kind of soap are you trying to produce?

now we all know that handmade soaps are going to look totally different than machine produced ones. what is it that your customer is trying to achieve? a variety in designs, shapes, what?

have you look at soapequipment.com? i have no experience with this company, but they have all sorts of tools, systems for mass produced soaps maybe it's worth a look. you can even do handmade soaps in the thousands with the correct system.

Last edited:
100% olive oil probably works for every process? I'm not sure. It's simple I guess, just one oil and you could pick a couple scents.

Latest posts

Back