It's Official

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On September 15th my store will be opening.

I have chosen a different storefront from the first one I talked about. This one is a newer building and I like the landlord. I start my reno's on September 1st (I'm putting in a pony wall to separate the production area from the retail area) and he is only going to charge me for half the month. I have the keys now and he has recommended that I paper the windows so we can get people talking.....

Here are some pictures:

Here are the front windows:

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

Here is the rest of the area looking back from the front:

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

This doorway leads to a storage area that I can utilize for my oils, molds, etc., etc.

DSC00193.jpg

And then the camera batteries died. So I will post some more pictures as this progresses.

I am so pumped and there are so many of you on here that were totally encouraging as I started my business almost 2 years ago. Thank you for that early encouragement - it gave me the courage to start this ball rolling.....

What a fabulous space!! We've traveled to Canada a lot on vacations, but never been to BC. We seriously need to plan a trip. Can't wait to see it in person!! The best of luck to you!

Thank you so much!

Baking Nana we live in the mildest climate in all of Canada and we feel like we're in heaven! Definately an area worth visiting....

Lindy said:
Thank you so much!

Baking Nana we live in the mildest climate in all of Canada and we feel like we're in heaven! Definately an area worth visiting....

The coastline must be gorgeous. What's the best time of year to visit?

Depends on what type of temperature you like. August is our warmest month. Summer temps are usually around 25* C (77* F). Our coldest months run around 5 - 10* C (41* - 50* F). In August & Septemeber our ocean is at its warmest. If you go to Savary Island (http://www.thesunshinecoast.com/savaryisland/) you would be in for a treat. Uhm - in case I forgot to mention it - I love it here.

My Mom, brother and great-niece were out kayaking last week and had dolphins coming right up to the boats.....

Congratulations!

My niece lives in Vancouver, I went to visit her in July...Vancouver is very nice.

Thank you Hazel, Ian & Dubnica.

Dubnica Vancouver is very nice, we're about 90 miles north (5 hours because of the 2 ferries it takes to get here :? ).

congrats Lindy! i look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing about how it is going!

When's the grand opening?

...and are we invited? :lol:

Seriously, I'm very happy that this worked out well for you with finding a better place and landlord.

Absolutely!! Consider yourself invited. I'll be opening the doors on September 14th and my grand opening will be mid-October.....

Ordered the wood today to build the pony wall and have bought a couple of things for the store already..... Going to try and not buy materials until the move, we'll see if I can get away with that.... And Hazel - thank you

Cool! :D

Hey everybody! Party at Lindy's in October - last one to sign up has to sleep on the floor. :lol:

Wow...Sept 14 isn't very far away. You're going to be really busy. I hope you have a lot of support from everyone. But it sounds like you're well on your way.

LOL @ Hazel...... fortunately I have a lot of the display hardware for having been doing trade shows and home shows. I have pretty much enough inventory already sitting at my kiosk in the mall, but of course I am still getting more made.

Nancy - thank you.....

Latest posts

Back