SoapMaker3

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. I was sucked in by the trial (though waiting for someone sweet and gorgeous to buy me this as a gift). It looks fabulous. I wonder about something, though.

I played around and looked at the amount of water recommended for my recipe which was something like 15.8 oz and the lye somewhere around 6.3

The lye amount matched soapcalc's recommended amount. But the Soapcalc water recommendation was 17! Then when I plugged in the additives and checked the adjust box next to a couple of them, it really dropped the amount of water down. When I checked all of them, the recommended water on SM3 was something like 13.8 oz.

Between Soapcalc and SM3, it's no wonder my bars are so soft! Is this what many seasoned SM3 users experience?

I REALLY want this program...(kicking legs in air and having tantrum :cry: :cry: )

Is the fee a one-time deal or is this program a 'subscription' that would have to be paid yearly, etc.? Are upgrades an additional cost or are they included with the support?

I'm trying to justify this cost... :)

You've all sucked me in. Downloading trial copy as I type this. Just told hubby I wouldn't soap this week. He will never know!! Ha ha!

I'm not gonna lie. The set up sucks. Putting in all your oils and stuff and how much they cost. I'm still getting the hang of it, but I know it's worth it. I saw the upgrades were cheap, like $40 when it comes time. I"m not worried about it.....

ahh the set up isnt too bad... Especially if you think of it like this program is pretty much Quickbooks for Soapmakers....

It takes a minute to set up your biz in Quickbooks too....but once its set...its good to go :)

Im still setting mine up as I still need to order stuff and not sure of my prices and everything yet...

Im one of those stingy I dont like spending alot of money on things unless absolutely needed type of people.... I bought this program and I seriously could not be happier :)

Well I will be happier once its all set up ... but sweeeeet :)

As far as the difference in numbers.... Im not sure why that happens...anyone got any more info on that?

So, if I do the free trial and decide to get the program, do I then have to 'redo' the setup or does that upgrade with it?

*sorry for the stupid questions :)

I wasn't clear on that. There's a way to transfer your info from 2.8 to 3.0 but I didn't know if that ment the trial so I just started over. The full version is different and much more detailed so I figure it's good to learn everything right from the begining. It is a pain but TOTALLY worth it....

Unless they make a mac version then it will be really difficult. You may be able to get some sort of PC emulator software for the mac that will run the PC version for you, but you would probably need someone pretty clued up to make it work for you.

I tried to get boot camp onto my Mac but was unsuccessful. I love soapmaker but my PC is on it's last leg and I wish i could run all my business stuff from my Mac. Modern technology...it's a love hate relationship

Thanks for the suggestions

They don't have a trial version anymore. You can get a discount on it if you are a member of the Guild or Canadian Assoc of prof. Soap & Cosmetic crafters.

Back