NG The Perfect Man FO discolors pink??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerelife

Reaction score
OK, so I tried out The Perfect Man FO in my 'Bayou Blues' soap since I'm hoarding my stock of the Scent Works FO that I normally use. It soaped great, although I poured my second layer of blue too soon (this FO doesn't move very fast)! Even though I spooned it in, it still dropped into the first layer, so I just gave it a little swirl. Totally my fault for being impatient! The top layer is uncolored. I was completely surprised when I uncovered the soap to cut it and the top was pale pink!! Looks like the entire uncolored portion is going to be this color. Is this just my recipe, or does this FO discolor pink for everyone?
Maybe I'll change the name to 'Sunrise on the Bayou, LOL!

perfect man 2.JPG

I find it's more of a mauve color in the end but yes, it does pink a bit. Not terrible but you can see it. There's another fairly popular one that does this. Is it Hunter's Moon by Daystar? I think it may be.

Did you use shortening in your recipe? I find that can give soap a pinkish tinge.

You're not alone. Mine turns a mauve-ish pink, too. SweetCake's Masculine Musk does the same to me as well.

IrishLass :)

Back