Categories on Etsy or Website

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoeNoelle

Reaction score
I have an Etsy shop that I just opened and I am stumped on the shop sections that I should have. I mostly have cold-processed soaps but I have two sizes, perhaps I should only have one size but now I have all this lovely soap to sell!

I have a 3.5oz "handsoap" size and a 5oz "bath bar" size, those are a bit more "fancy". So right now I have a "Hand Soap Sized Bars" section and a "Large Bath Bars" section. But I also have several "melt & pour" soaps. Now since being on Etsy I have seen plenty of people who advertise their obviously MP soap as "handmade goat's milk soap" or whatever, but I don't feel right including these with my cold-processed soaps. I do not want to call them "glycerin soaps" because people might assume that means all clear soaps...?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

How about categories like "Hand Soaps" and "Bath Soaps"? Or "Guest Size" and "Full Size"?

Also, its my understanding that non-soapmaking people associate "glycerin" soaps with melt and pour. But I'm not 100% on that.

I have an Etsy shop that I just opened and I am stumped on the shop sections that I should have. I mostly have cold-processed soaps but I have two sizes, perhaps I should only have one size but now I have all this lovely soap to sell!

I have a 3.5oz "handsoap" size and a 5oz "bath bar" size, those are a bit more "fancy". So right now I have a "Hand Soap Sized Bars" section and a "Large Bath Bars" section. But I also have several "melt & pour" soaps. Now since being on Etsy I have seen plenty of people who advertise their obviously MP soap as "handmade goat's milk soap" or whatever, but I don't feel right including these with my cold-processed soaps. I do not want to call them "glycerin soaps" because people might assume that means all clear soaps...?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I think having two sections, one for hand soaps or 'guest' sized, and one for 'full' sized sounds great. Very clear. A lot of people really like glycerin soap. At fairs I get a lot of people asking me for glycerin soap. They know what it is and there is a market for it

Back