Selling soap making software?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I DO like the idea of 'anywhere access' to the software and storing data and recipes online, and the annual and lifetime subscription ideas are great -- but it brings up the question, what if the site goes down, such as a hosting issue, DOS attack, etc? Or even if it closes down permanently? What if a user is unable to access the internet for some reason? Ideally, it would be a local cross-platform program or something that can run in the browser while offline, with local storage of data and recipes, which are then mirrored automatically to the online account for 'anywhere access' ---- what do you think?

Lindy, Dropbox is a favorite of mine. I can access all my soap stuff on any of my computers, ipad or Galaxy Note 3.

grayceworks -

I've been playing around with your calculator and it is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing it. This really will make it a lot easier to figure superfat.

Gold star for you!

Lindy, Dropbox is a favorite of mine. I can access all my soap stuff on any of my computers, ipad or Galaxy Note 3.

Yeah it just makes so much sense to use it.... I also have an automatic back-up that has all my database into on the cloud as well.

grayceworks -

I've been playing around with your calculator and it is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing it. This really will make it a lot easier to figure superfat.

Gold star for you!

Thanks! I just noticed as I was looking at it, that I had intended to show the second example in grams instead of ounces, but did not actually change the example! I must have been very tired lol. I re-uploaded it with the second example shown in grams, not that it changes how the calculator works, but it was bugging me. :) It would have been a very tiny batch! LOL

Thanks! I just noticed as I was looking at it, that I had intended to show the second example in grams instead of ounces, but did not actually change the example! I must have been very tired lol. I re-uploaded it with the second example shown in grams, not that it changes how the calculator works, but it was bugging me. :) It would have been a very tiny batch! LOL
So that link brought me to the newer version? I can't wait to try this out, hopefully this weekend! Thank you for this :)

Yes, the link has the one with the fixed example. :) I'm glad you all can use it! And I can't wait to see how it will be incorporated in the software!

Just want to chime in here. This plan sound great, I have used SM3 in the past but switched to Mac. Super frustrating that it's not compatible and I'm so tired of wasting time imputing data into programs that I end up not being able to use. Just trying to find software that will do "it all" and it sure sounds like you're on the right track,

Always interested in new tools/gadgets; if only for a while. :lol:

What surprises me, is that no one mentioned that you can use SM3 for lotions too....

To be honest; I don't really like to be dependent of an on-line calculator. After soaping for many years, I think I've done the math amd ,adetables for both rectangular and cylindrical mould volumes, SAP values, superfatting %s etc. adequately - Even creating the INCI labels during the process.
Next challenge is automate the fragrance oils allergen information (EU legislation).

I keep my recipes and important reference matierial on the PC with back-up on disk and separate HD, iCloud, Dropbox and on paper. )not necessarily all of them; storage means changed over the years.
But if I would use it, it should be innovative, accurate and time saving - and supporting the metric system.

About the HP exel file:doesn't seem handy to me if you first have to look up the SAP values in SoapCalc. It would make sense to me if a SAP chart was included.

(OT I love CP; for me HP usually is a rescue operation.)

Ahhhh I am still torn on buying soapmaking software!

I think my big thing w. SM3 is that it's annoying to figure out how to add soy/coconut/goat milk -- like you have to add them as an additive... How would you handle that in terms of work arounds?

I would seriously recommend buying SM3 if you want to go up against it. I have my database on Dropbox which allows me access from anywhere.

Lindy, how did you set it up so you can access it anywhere? Do you have it save out to dropbox and you have multiple copies of the software installed on different devices?

The program is on my computer and then have all the data kept on DropBox. So yes you would have to have the program set up on another computer...

Ahhhh I am still torn on buying soapmaking software!

I think my big thing w. SM3 is that it's annoying to figure out how to add soy/coconut/goat milk -- like you have to add them as an additive... How would you handle that in terms of work arounds?
Yes, and then you just replace the water with them (check the box on the additive tab). I don't think it's annoying now that I understand how to do things like that, and to exclude weight on things - and to SF HP you put the oil in as an additive - it's useful once you understand the jargon.

Very Interested in Your Soapmaking Software

I would definitely be interested in a soapmaking software that could be used on an Ipad and/or one that could be used on a Surface 3 Tablet. Please contact me when you get the Beta version ready. I would also recommend that you make those members of the Soapmaking 101 group on facebook aware of your beta version, a great place to find alot of talented soapmakers to test your software. Looking forward to your soapmaking software.

Latest posts

Back