Twilight

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I made this just last night. The FO is Twilight, by Nurture. The website says "dark discoloration." I decided thendiscoloring FO would only be in part of the batter and that I would use AC in that portion to hide the discoloration. Since it is called "Twilight," I went for a dusky purple in the rest. The scented portion accelerated (probably also the fault of the AC) and I ended up with globs of black batter in the purple. I tried my best to get SOME kind of swirl into it. I used my 32 oz loaf mold as a slab and poured it about half full. The bars were cut horizontally. The FO seems to discolor a little green. The black is more of a very dark green, and it has bled some into the purple. Next time, I will not use a color, but just dump the remainder of thr sample in so I can see how it really discolors.

1494844461063.jpg

1494844474370.jpg

Agreed. This green discolor seems to bleed into the surrounding colors. I had a little plain batter I swirled the AV/FO into and today, the "white" portion has a yellowy-green where it meets the scented swirl.

1494865399985.jpg

I quite like that green! I would try it with a yellow background just for fun.

I love the special mottled look. And all of the above said it right, little bit disturbing about the effect, but really dark and mysterious one. Have you figured out next time you use it, what color would surrounding be to match the bleed out? :p

I like the look right now. Don't be surprised if you end up with a brown and black bar, though.

I usually use the discoloring FO as my colorant, then use unscented batter as the other to swirl with. Unless I "need" a darker brown, then I use cocoa to boost the brown. I think cocoa makes a better match with the discoloration than the brown micas I have used thus far, but I am a colorant newbie, so I may change my mind later.

I like the look right now. Don't be surprised if you end up with a brown and black bar, though.

Yes-- I can see it changing daily. It's like watching cookies brown in an oven.

I usually use the discoloring FO as my colorant, then use unscented batter as the other to swirl with. Unless I "need" a darker brown, then I use cocoa to boost the brown. I think cocoa makes a better match with the discoloration than the brown micas I have used thus far, but I am a colorant newbie, so I may change my mind later.

That's what I did, too. I only put the fragrance in the AC portion. The FO turned green and bled into my plain purple. I was really starting to like that green, too.

I made this just last night. The FO is Twilight, by Nurture. The website says "dark discoloration." I decided thendiscoloring FO would only be in part of the batter and that I would use AC in that portion to hide the discoloration. Since it is called "Twilight," I went for a dusky purple in the rest. The scented portion accelerated (probably also the fault of the AC) and I ended up with globs of black batter in the purple. I tried my best to get SOME kind of swirl into it. I used my 32 oz loaf mold as a slab and poured it about half full. The bars were cut horizontally. The FO seems to discolor a little green. The black is more of a very dark green, and it has bled some into the purple. Next time, I will not use a color, but just dump the remainder of thr sample in so I can see how it really discolors.

Wow its looking so beautiful

Back