YouTube soap makers - oh the cringe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillsandwitch

Reaction score
Been watching a certain YouTube channel that specializes in one thing but has a few videos of him making soap. I wont mention the name of this guy in case hes on here as the main videos he makes are top notch.

Oh but his soap videos. I just cant watch more than the 1 and 1/2 that I watched.
When it comes to lye safety and whatnot and adequate cure time hes got that down pat but its the rest of everything I just cant even watch without cringing.

In one video he dumped a bunch of HUGE Himalayan pink salt crystals directly into the batter and said that it gives the soap a nice scruby feel. He did the same on the other video I watched but with poppy seeds. Yeah the poppy seeds aren't as bad but still I couldn't help but feel my skin being ripped up by it.

Also mentioned the best place to cure soap bars was on metal baking racks.
He also mentioned his recipe in one of the videos and said his customers love the soap. I mean its not an awful recipe but there is much better ones out there. If anyone's interested it was 30% CO, 30% OO, 30% Rice Bran and 10% regular Sunflower oil.

Anyhoo end rant. I just had to get it off my chest. I'm still cringing at it all.

you must start watching another one:) I have bookmarket at least 50 super duper soapmakers and learn from them

I know who you are referring to. I have the same reaction.

However, there are indeed many, many excellent soapmakers on YouTube. I have been watching a ton of their videos mostly to learn what I like in swirls and what I don't without ever having to do it myself.

Remember that as Craig said above, the customer will believe a lot...until they try it themselves. Also, hand made soap is so very much better than store bought, that those poor people may not know any better.

Latest posts

Back